Need more low/bass in my sound

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello,

This is my current setup: PMC TB2(no + or i version), Roksan Kandy K2, Cyrus cd6SE.

I love the detail which my current setup delivers, all i need is a little more lowend sound!

Can some please have some advice on what to change or do so i get more lowend in the sound.

Maybe on upgrade??

Thanx.

A

Anonymous

hanno:
Hello,

This is my current setup: PMC TB2(no + or i version), Roksan Kandy K2, Cyrus cd6SE.

I love the detail which my current setup delivers, all i need is a little more lowend sound!

Can some please have some advice on what to change or do so i get more lowend in the sound.

Maybe on upgrade??

Thanx.

Honestly, getting rid of the Roksan will help. Me and my dad listened to a Roksan Kandy in Sevenoaks through B&W 683/Monitor Audio RX6. We first tried an Arcam A18 and the bass was a little low, so we got a more powerful amp in to test and see if it would help. After about 5 seconds into the Faithless - Reverence, we turned to each other confused, shocked that the bass had almost dissapeared completely. The problem was the room being bare walled and hard floored, regardless, the Arcam definetly had more bass. The sound is very flat and doesn't extend at all, there as no finesse, warmth or musicality to the Roksan.

If you want a nice warm bass, go Arcam. If you want a controlled gruntyness, Naim or NAD. If you want bone crushing bass, look for an old Musical Fidelity amp (P270, A370, A308, XA-200 are culprits). Infact, even a cheap Musical Fidelity A3 would be an improvement over the Roksan.

Although, changing to floorstanders - think ProAc Studio 140, would sort the bass problem.

Edit: Ignore anyone telling you to get a Subwoofer. It will simply not integrate well with the soundstage and on some songs (Kings of Leon - Sex On Fire, is a good example) you will get up and turn the sub off because it just ruins the integrity and detail of any bass drum that comes through strongly. I have tried a REL Storm III with Mission 782's and you just can't integrate it properly without wanting to turn it off for every second song.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts