Need help with streaming and possible Node 2i Upgrade

Bsmooth

Dec 27, 2021
Visit site
New member and still coming to grips with Music streaming.
Just recently I have had issues with Prime music pausing in the middle of tracks. I use a Fire tablet 8 which goes to a Klipsch Gate, and then to Audioengine 5+ powered speakers.
I thought maybe it was an issue with the speakers, but yesterday I tried just the fire tablet by itself and found some tracks still paused sometime, without even going to the speakers.
Now I'm just confused as to what the issue is. I was going to upgrade to a Bluesound Node 2i, but I might have the same issue with pausing audio tracks, so I'm a bit unsure what to do at this point.
Internet is thru Comcast and speed is 239.14 upload and 6 for upload with a ping of 12.
I'm thinking the Fire Tablet could be the issue,If it is , what would be best to use to solve the pausing issues?
Could also be the recent change on Amazon music to HD which would cause bigger files to transfer, but as I said I'm still trying to understand how all this works together

Tinman1952

New member and still coming to grips with Music streaming.
Just recently I have had issues with Prime music pausing in the middle of tracks. I use a Fire tablet 8 which goes to a Klipsch Gate, and then to Audioengine 5+ powered speakers.
I thought maybe it was an issue with the speakers, but yesterday I tried just the fire tablet by itself and found some tracks still paused sometime, without even going to the speakers.
Now I'm just confused as to what the issue is. I was going to upgrade to a Bluesound Node 2i, but I might have the same issue with pausing audio tracks, so I'm a bit unsure what to do at this point.
Internet is thru Comcast and speed is 239.14 upload and 6 for upload with a ping of 12.
I'm thinking the Fire Tablet could be the issue,If it is , what would be best to use to solve the pausing issues?
Could also be the recent change on Amazon music to HD which would cause bigger files to transfer, but as I said I'm still trying to understand how all this works together
Hi. I would say it is the Amazon app. It does it very occasionally on my iPad but at the end of a track not in the middle!
The app upsamples everything so the Fire tablet might be underpowered..... You could try a smart phone to compare.
I would be very surprised if that happened on a Bluesound Node.

robdmarsh

I have Amazon HD but I stream it via bluetooth using LDAC on my phone to an ifi Zen blue connected to my amp. I have had similar recent pauses you talk about, not frequent but annoying all the same. Originally I thought it must be bluetooth dropouts but the Zen bluetooth connection is rock solid. In fact sound quality using the Zen is pretty amazing for the price and really am wondering how much improvement I would get using an actual streamer like a node 2i. I say this because someone told me that the DAC in the Zen blue punches far above its weight.
If, however, using a dedicated streamer would get rid of these pauses then that alone might be worth it.

Tinman1952

I say this because someone told me that the DAC in the Zen blue punches far above its weight.
I am sure this is true but the problem is not the quality of the DAC but the quality of the source file via compressed 'lossy' bluetooth...
I am sure you know LDAC often defaults to 660kbps for stability... and that is after it has thrown away audio data via the compression protocol.
You will not answer your question by visiting forums.....you need to listen and compare for yourself. 🙂

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts