Need help with my first DAC/AMP

EvoKazz

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
Hiya guys, I have recently started delving into the better sound quality world, I am on somewhat of a budget though. I've got my Movies, TV and Gaming covered with my AV Reciever which I am very happy with, music also sounds pretty decent even though it's built for 5.1 cinema.

My PC has Cambridge Soundworks THX speakers running through a XONAR DX soundcard which is perfect. On advice I got on this forum, taking budget into account, I bought some Musical Fidelity EB33's, which I am very happy with. They sound "ok" on the PC and Laptop, but sound good on my phone...probably due to lack of headphone amp on the computers etc.

So I'm looking for an AMP/DAC that must fit into some categories...

- Works on Android Phone

- Works on PC/Laptop

- Portable

- Will make a noticable difference to both Phone and the computers

- Will get the most out of my EB33's possible, without blowing them up lol

- I'm looking for something that will mainly focus on Clarity/Quality/Vocals etc...I also like to listen at loud volumes

- My musical choices are usually Rock/Trance/R&B/Rap-HipHop...yep pretty varied lol

I'm not looking to pay silly money - just upto £150 tops, but which product would give me best bang for my buck? I don't want to throw down a ton on something that makes no change at all lol, many thanks in advance.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts