Need help with cable runs!

Soopafly49

May 8, 2010
Visit site
In the market for a 15 m HDMI to go from my pj and 2 shorter ones maybe 1.5 for my setup. Currently have a chord supershield that I got from what hifi a while ago. Dilema.... Might be alone on this but i kinda want all my cables to be the same. So do i keep the chord and get 1.5 and 15v m version if possible or do i sell the cable and go and get all three from somewhere like that cable?

Soopafly49

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Soopafly49 said:
In the market for a 15 m HDMI to go from my pj and 2 shorter ones maybe 1.5 for my setup. Currently have a chord supershield that I got from what hifi a while ago. Dilema.... Might be alone on this but i kinda want all my cables to be the same. So do i keep the chord and get 1.5 and 15v m version if possible or do i sell the cable and go and get all three from somewhere like that cable?
any thoughts?

VoodooDoctor

Sep 23, 2007
Visit site
I have a wide variety of HDMI cables. I thought about making them all match and then gave up as it's an expensive route to take and you can spend the money on other more important components.

I bought a 17m HDMI cable for my current set up and found that it was a bit flaky with weaker signals. I tried an HDMI repeater but that just amplified the problems in the signal and gave me a "pink mist" over the picture. I got rid of the cable and went for a HDMI over Cat 6 extender from HDCable.co.uk, which works well and is HDMI 1.4 and 3D compatible for when I upgrade in the future.

So I'd buy two short HDMI cables, an HDMI over Cat 6 extender and some Cat 6 cables for the rest of the distance...

Soopafly49

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the info guys. Did you get the twenty metre cable from that cable or the other company you mentioned? do you think i shoudl sell the chord and get two 1.5 cables form these companys?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts