Need help wiring oppo

ratla-piratla

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
Hi there,

I have oppo 105, and i need some advice on wiring it with my receiver( Pioneer sc-lx86) and existing dune hd base 3d.

The idea is to play content from Dune, so it goes to Oppo and uses its DACs and then goes to the Pioneer.

But on the TV i need to see the interface of Dune.

First of all im not sure that this is possible, but im not an expert in that field.

So i need some help.

Thank you.

jmjones

Mar 8, 2009
Visit site
Hi Ratla,

I've got an Oppo 105. I assume the L86 has "analogue ins"? You can wire an HDMI from the Dune to the Oppo and then out from the Oppo to the TV (one less HDMI than going to the L86 and back out). Then take 5 RCAs (or 7 for 7.1) out from the Oppo to the L86 analogue inputs. I have mine wired with the stereo outputs of the Oppo in use for the main stereo speakers using the better DAC, then the others for the surround set. Works well, and I just have a power amp, no processor.

Take a look at this for settings to be used:

"Front Left/Right – The original Front Left (FL) and Front Right (FR) signals are sent out from the dedicated stereo output terminals. The purpose is to fully utilise the better DAC hardware originally assigned to the dedicated stereo outputs for customers who prefer multi-channel speakers and do not need the dedicated stereo output or zone 2 output. When this option is selected, the dedicated stereo output ports should be used as the Front outputs of the 7.1ch / 5.1ch / Stereo Audio group. The original FL/FR RCA connectors should not be connected"

This is from page 74 of the current manual downloadable from here:

http://www.oppodigital.co.uk/UserFiles/Docs/PDF/BDP-105EU_V1.6.pdf

Hope that helps.

ratla-piratla

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
Connecting that way the dune to oppo just saves me 1 out of the receiver.

The main idea is to see and play the content that is in dune( to see its interface on TV), but to use the DACs of Oppo and then it goes to the Pioneer.

jmjones

Mar 8, 2009
Visit site
It should work that way if you wire it as I suggested. I do something similar. Sky HD box into the Oppo via HDMI, then HDMI out from the Oppo to my TV. 5 RCAs out to my power amp. If you use the stereo outs for your front speakers check you are using " stereo l&r " in your sound settings. If I remember right, the default setting is "downmixed stereo" which you don't want. Happy listening!

ratla-piratla

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
I wired Oppo Stereo Outs via RCA to Pioneer, then i went in the setup to change some Audio Format Settings. I changed them as opposed to in the manual:

1. Secondary Audio - Off

2. HDMI Audio - Off

3. Coax/Opt. OUT - 192k LPCM

4.SACD Output - Auto ( since i dont have any SACD for the moment)

5. HDCD Decoding - On

Thats how it it recommended in the manual, but that way i dont have sound.

If i turn HDMI Audio On i hear the sound, but i dont want the audio signal to go through HDMI, but through RCA cables.

I can't understand where is the problem.

jmjones

Mar 8, 2009
Visit site
Hi Ratla,

Are you connecting from the Oppo to Pioneer only with RCA connectors for all 5 channels? If you use an hdmi the pioneer may be picking that in preference.

Just checked the manual for the Pioneer. Once you have all the RCAs wired up, you will need to change the settings for the multi-channel input.

ratla-piratla

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
From Oppo to Pioneer i have wired these cables:

1. From Stereo Audio Outs of Oppo to CD IN via RCA, so i can use the better DACs of the OPPO.

2. Also 1 HDMI from OPPO to Pioneer BD In.

As you said i just thought that since the Pioneer had an HDMI in from Oppo it might be picking it as preference, so i wired EVERYTHING as you said and still can't get that Sound.

Also tried via Coaxial from Oppo coax out to Pioneer coax In, still the same story.

For the moment im using only Front speakers, tomorrow, i will be wiring the rest of them.

jmjones

Mar 8, 2009
Visit site
Hi Ratla. I had a read of the pioneer manual. Once you have wired with RCAs, take a look at pages 35&49 for selecting the multichannel inputs. You could also try taking out the HDMI to see if that then works, but I note that you can set the pioneer to send video via HDMI, and sound via Multichannel Inputs.

The problem is probably hiding in "settings" somewhere. It can work, my system is set up to do the same sort of thing.

Hope you get it going.

ratla-piratla

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
I managed to set it all up.

My first impressions are lets say good, but to be honest i expected more of the Oppo.

I also have Dune HD base 3D. In therms of AUDIO the Oppo without any doubt is better (still i expected more).

But when we come to Home Cinema im a little bit disappointed.

My opinion of Oppo is that it is a little bit overpraised.

Again thank you for your time & effort.

TRENDING THREADS