Need help to biamp Denon avr

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi All,

Good day, this is my first post here, hope to get some help from experienced people. Currently running 7.1 set up using Wharfedale Diamond 9 series with Denon avr 1905. Wharfedale 9.1s as front and the question is can I biamp the 9.1s? I learnt from a friend of mine saying that it can be done by using 2 pairs of speaker cables connecting the speaker's terminal to the amp's front channel A and B. I couldn't locate the manual as I lost it some time ago. Anyone any thought?

Thanks. Cheers :)

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Manual available here courtesy of Denon Canada.

You can't biamp with this receiver, but you can biwire using the speaker A/B terminals, using two runs of cable to each speaker (or purpose-made four-conductor biwire cable).

You could also biwire using just one set of terminals, by twisting together the two positive conductors at the amp end, and inserting them into the red speaker A terminal. Repeat for the two negative into the black speaker A terminal, then do the same thing for the other speaker, and you're in business.

Make sure you remove the link between the two sets of terminals on the speakers, and check and double-check all connections before firing up the receiver.

Whether it would be worth doing with this receiver and those speakers is a horse of a different colour - I throw the debate open to the floor...

A

Anonymous

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for the reply. Few years back home cinema was my priority, I never listened to music with this receiver. However currently I found myself is leaning towards music, hence the thought of biwiring the speaker (hopefully for better sound). This friend of mine also claimed that his stereo image improved alot when he biamped his speaker using Onkyo 805. Luckily enough my cable is Audioquest 16/4, guess I can biwire them now :)

Apart from this, which is the best suggestion to improve stereo image? Have gathered information from various sources still yet to define. Budget is limited and here is the list:

i) Buy a decent cd player. (Currently using dvd player to play disc)

ii) Buy an integrated / power amp to drive front speaker.

iii) How about adding a DAC? I noticed from this forum DAC is getting harder to answer.

Again budget is limited as the missus is squeezing the purse, so I could only afford to pick one from the list. The idea of ditching this receiver is not possible for the moment.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts