Need help selecting speakers to audition

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

theFan

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I've had a fairly good look and there doesn't seem to be a single Epos retailer in NZ.

I tried the Q Acoustic 2050i and although i'm sure they're good value for money in the UK, at 650GBP in NZ they get a bit outclassed. I listened to them side by side with the Paradigm Monitor 9 and the Paradigms were my preference by a long, long way.

Regarding the CM8s, they're out of my price range (unfortunately), and even if i could stretch to the 2kGBP they would cost me, they'd be up against some stiff competition from the likes of Kef R700, Spendor A5 and Dynaudio 220 mk2, amoungst others, that are all at within 100GBP of the CM8s.

I'm going to listen to PSB Image T6 and ill try and get a listen to the Tannoys that have been mentioned but the only local supplier is a big department store similar to John Lewis so not the ideal listening environment.

The Rx6's have been a constant mention in these forums. I've listened to them with my Arcam amp as well as two store amps (one was a 10kgbp tube amp) and I just didn't get any "wow" out of them. The retailer offered a home demo so i will take him up on the offer.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts