Need help once again..

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I've got the rega dac and the rega rs5 speakers. Looking for a non Naim amp to go between them. (Naims are way overpriced in the USA, plus there's really issues with the distributors.)

The rega mira 3 is on sale. Anything else I should audition?

I'm looking for a well balanced system with components that gel together, but also so that no component is much better than the other.

The room's pretty lively already, so don't want the amp that's too forward.

(The deal for the Nait xs fell through today. Please don't ask why.).

I can audition cambridge audio, and rega with this setup. Any other amp I'll pretty much have to buy blind and then try in this setup, so please don't suggest a otherwise good amp if you haven't really seen synergy with the other components I have.

A

Anonymous

I agree with mathewpiano on this one, the mira 3 will gel nicely in the all rega setup, you will get good synergy with the rega amp but not as much P.R.A.T as you would of had with the naim amp, you will have to change your rca/din lead too as the mira3 does not except din connections.

A

Anonymous

The Mira3 would work very well indeed

I have heard the Rega RS5's though with the Rotel RA1520 and the NAD C356BEE and both amps drove them superbly; the Rotel would be my choice though

Very dynamic, very punchy but with superb agility and timing and an overall sweet sound
emotion-11.gif

T

the record spot

Can never help but think PRAT's an in-joke that's outstayed its welcome...! Anyway, never really understood that whole angle, have a listen to the two amps you can hear, or the two brands and decide from there. If neither do it for you enough, then bide your time or buy blind. I bought blind with a lot of my stuff and it's riskier for sure, but if you do enough reading up beforehand, you can often get a pretty accurate picture of what to expect.

jockey.wilson

Jan 27, 2009
Visit site
MoData:

I've got the rega dac and the rega rs5 speakers. Looking for a non Naim amp to go between them. (Naims are way overpriced in the USA, plus there's really issues with the distributors.)

The rega mira 3 is on sale. Anything else I should audition?

Yes. Creek...

A

Anonymous

Thanks to everyone. I'm sticking to the following setup:

Rega DAC + Headroom Headphone Amp + Sennheiser HD650, Denon 5000s for now.

Will audition for an amp + speakers when I have more time (maybe in 6 months).

True Blue

Oct 18, 2008
Visit site
MoData:

Thanks to everyone. I'm sticking to the following setup:

Rega DAC + Headroom Headphone Amp + Sennheiser HD650, Denon 5000s for now.

Will audition for an amp + speakers when I have more time (maybe in 6 months).

???? What did you do with your RS5's, did you actually own any of your previous kit??

TRENDING THREADS