Need Help: Denon AVR-1909 and B&W 685 Theatre 1

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I am new to this world of sound and technology. Bear with me, please.

Am keen on the B&W 685 Theatre speakers package and Denon AVR-1909. Is this combination good? Will the speakers pair up better with the Onkyo 606?

I will be connecting my SkyHD, PS3, DVD and Plama to the whole system. What cables will I need for eveything?  

Hope to get some sound advice out there. Thank you very much!!! 

lobby

Jun 30, 2008
Visit site
Both amps would be fine 1909 is king of the budget amps at the moment, but with new models arriving from Onkyo and Denon you can find some deals on higher spec models. Onkyo 875 with 1080p upscaling and more features for £599 was £1000. Also posted early in the great deal section that Richer Sounds are selling the Denon 2808 for £399 for vip members just sign up £500 pounds off them they where £899 Thats cheaper than the 1909 model and also has better specs. Ive got a 606 and very happy with it but would definetly swap it for one of those two. You would also get improved sound from them.

A

Anonymous

That looks like a fine combination, and I believe Clare said before the 685 package was used in the testing of the 1909 for the review. However, it'd be a good idea to go and try to get a demo of these speakers and the two receivers you've mentioned. Different brands have different characteristic sounds and with all things like this, it's a matter of personal preference.

Cabling: Firstly you'll need speaker cables to connect the speakers up to the receivers. Discuss with your dealer what speaker cable they stock and what recommendations they'd make. Secondly, you'll need HDMI cables to connect the Sky box and PS3 to the receiver, and then you'll also need an optical cable connected to the receiver from the Sky box for audio. Then you'll just need to run a single HDMI from the receiver's HDMI out to the plasma.

A

Anonymous

Thank you for your fast response. Will find out more about the other 2 you mentioned since the price difference is not too far off.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the advice. I thought HDMI will take care of everything including sound and pic. Looks like I have to remember the optical cable. Cheers!

A

Anonymous

Aha the old skyHD conundrum,

Unfortunately the Sky HD box doesn't send surround over HDMI, so yes you'll need an optical. This is only really the case with Sky HD.ÿ

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts