Need help choosing a 5.1 set of speakers

antcr2000

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
I recently purchased a Denon avr x2000 and i'm now looking to find a suitable 5.1 speaker package. My budget is £400 and so i've narrowed it down to the following speaker packages:

Monitor audio vector 5.1 - These are currently my preferrred choice as they originally retailed for a higher price point comapred to the below to options so they may be better speakers alround? However i have read they suffer from a buzzing noise from the subwoofer? Additonally i'm no 100% sold on the look however if the quality of sound is better looks mean nothing.

Tannoy HTS 201 5.1 - orginally i iintended to get these as i like the styling however i've read a few reviews that state there good for the price point but are bit lacking in power which has put me off.

Wharfdale DX1 HCP 5.1 - I've read these are on par if not better than the Tannoys however opinions vary so im not sure of these either.

Q Acoustice Q7000 not the i version. I've read good and bad things about these. The worst thing being that mobile phones cause issues with he subwoofer which has put me off so this is last on the list mainly for this reason alone.

As you can tell i'm a little confused as to what to go for,. I intend to use my new setup mainly for movies, followed by gaming and then musc. What i want is immersive sound with a nice thud of bass that rattles the room. I Fully aprreciate £400 is a bit low but i'm hoping one of the above choices considering the budget will do the job. I would be grateful to hear of peoples opinions who own any of the above models or have had first hand experience testing any of these. One last thing where i live there is no where to sound test any of these so unfortunately this is no an option. for me.

Cheers

Slang5571

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
Hi Ant, I actually have the Denon AVR X2000 AV amp with Monitor Audio R90HD10 home theatre setup.The system sounds fantastic. What I would suggest to you is, if you can go to a HiFI shop and have a demo with the Home theatre systems you have mentioned, that would be the best option for you. Then you can have a good listen to see which package suits your tastes.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts