need flat or small diameter speaker wire to replace DNM cable

rrm

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
I bought some DNM speaker cable -which is nice and flat- to make long runs( 23ft) under my carpet. The DNM has great transparency and timing BUT it is very bright, so I can't relax with the music. I used to use Linn k 20 which was OK ( not bright) but rather dull compared to the DNM. Can anyone suggest another cable which is also quite flat and transparent/times well without the brightness.

gyrodec/shelter501/exposure 3010s2/spendor A6

Native_bon

Nov 26, 2008
Visit site
rrm said:
I bought some DNM speaker cable -which is nice and flat- to make long runs( 23ft) under my carpet. The DNM has great transparency and timing BUT it is very bright, so I can't relax with the music. I used to use Linn k 20 which was OK ( not bright) but rather  dull compared to the DNM. Can anyone suggest another cable which is also quite flat  and transparent/times well without the brightness.

Tellurium Q Black.

Q

QuestForThe13thNote

I donno about 23feet of cable. Can you not move the electronics closer to the spendors. Spendors are quite good on high frequencies so I'd say nothing with silver. But closer shorter cables means price not so much of a factor. Tellurium would be very expensive with long runs. Chord maybe not a good match as normally has silver in it. Something from van damne or van den hull maybe.

jmc

May 3, 2020
Visit site
I bought some DNM speaker cable -which is nice and flat- to make long runs( 23ft) under my carpet. The DNM has great transparency and timing BUT it is very bright, so I can't relax with the music. I used to use Linn k 20 which was OK ( not bright) but rather dull compared to the DNM. Can anyone suggest another cable which is also quite flat and transparent/times well without the brightness.

which DNM cable are you referring to? the 'resolution' is more relaxed than the 'precision'.

D

Deleted member 108165

This thread is 3 years old and cables don't make a difference anyway.

jmc

May 3, 2020
Visit site
This thread is 3 years old and cables don't make a difference anyway.

you provoke the argument that hardware makes no difference, interesting, it's a beginners argument, what matters if hardware makes no difference in HIFI, it might be intersting for you to listen to different systems and seek out differences between hardware, when you progress you will hear more and more differences, of course its subjective, but worth a shot!

D

Deleted member 108165

you provoke the argument that hardware makes no difference, interesting, it's a beginners argument, what matters if hardware makes no difference in HIFI, it might be intersting for you to listen to different systems and seek out differences between hardware, when you progress you will hear more and more differences, of course its subjective, but worth a shot!
Yeah, I'm a beginner, still learning hard lessons in life and hi-fi. Hardware, as in kit, can make a difference but I've yet to hear a piece of copper wire of sufficient gauge fit for purpose make any difference to SQ whatsoever. Here we will always differ... enough said (y)

jmc

May 3, 2020
Visit site
Any rehashing of old thread will be looked at however, if you are going to post comments, I would suggest they stay pertinent to the original post.
Many thanks.
thank you, I was referring to the original post by asking which DNM cable is being discussed, there are two models: "DNM Precision" and "DNM Resolution" the author does not specify which one he is referring to, they sound indeed different and also have different application (speaker sensitivity, by-wiring, cable lengths, desired bias etc).

thank you, I was referring to the original post by asking which DNM cable is being discussed, there are two models: "DNM Precision" and "DNM Resolution" the author does not specify which one he is referring to, they sound indeed different and also have different application (speaker sensitivity, by-wiring, cable lengths, desired bias etc).
That I understand. What you have to realise is the original poster might not be on this forum anymore, three years is a long time. Point taken though, it will be interesting to see if you ever get a response.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts