speaker cables for Spendor A6 ??

rrm

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
Just got my spendor A6.Driven by plinius 8200 ,for now, but open to change.They sound rather bass heavy and treble shy compared to my old Epos ES 14s but the midrange is very special...

I was planning to upgrade my speaker cable which is currently Linn LK 20: 8m runs under the carpet. Any suggestions on new speaker cables , especially what type would best suit the Spendors-solid or multistrand or something like DNM??

Inter_Voice

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
It is Spendor's characteristics that the treble is roll off a bit to ensure it can get its best mid range SQ. I have my SA-1 and is using Chord Odyssey speaker cable. I beleive for Spendor speakers it is better to use silver coated cables to ensure its high frequencies are not tuned down. It also applies to interconnects. I used Chord Chameleon Plus.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Given what you are trying to achieve (as mentioned on your recent threat), I would look at trying some Telurium Q Blue, or even better the Black....that is if you haven't already got something different.

It will help, but it won't fix the problem.

rrm said:
Just got my spendor A6.Driven by plinius 8200 ,for now, but open to change.They sound rather bass heavy and treble shy compared to my old Epos ES 14s but the midrange is very special...

I was planning to upgrade my speaker cable which is currently Linn LK 20: 8m runs under the carpet. Any suggestions on new speaker cables , especially what type would best suit the Spendors-solid or multistrand or something like DNM??

Hi rrm

I'll recommend that you consider standard 79 strand OFC speaker cables. Fwiw, i also use 79 strand OFC speaker cables with Plinius amplification such as the Hiato, Odean, etc.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

A

Anonymous

tonky said:
I have a pair of es 14s. Spacious and very clear. Very nice sounding speakers.

I've got the ES14s and ES30s, why someone would want to change them I dont know :mad:

Re. speaker cables, something silver plated would tend to produce a brighter sound. If you want to keep it cheap then either 79 standard OFC or could try twin + earth mains cable which is 2.5 sq mm thick. I personally prefer solid core cable.

I just browsed the reviewed speaker cables, this cable clicky "needs more bottom end heft" and has a 5 star rating @ £4/m. Could be worth a punt given your bass is over powered?

chasefrench

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Inter_Voice said:
It is Spendor's characteristics that the treble is roll off a bit to ensure it can get its best mid range SQ. I have my SA-1 and is using Chord Odyssey speaker cable. I beleive for Spendor speakers it is better to use silver coated cables to ensure its high frequencies are not tuned down. It also applies to interconnects. I used Chord Chameleon Plus.
Really? I now using the Plinius 9200 with XT-400 (silver) and the A6s, and i m finding it a a bit too bright

What did you buy in the end? I m thinking the ecosse MS-2.4

Feel like hearing copper since both sets of cable I ve ever had, have both been silver

chasefrench

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Inter_Voice said:
Really? I now using the Plinius 9200 with XT-400 (silver) and the A6s, and i m finding it a a bit too bright

What did you buy in the end? I m thinking the ecosse MS-2.4

Feel like hearing copper since both sets of cable I ve ever had, have both been silver

A

Anonymous

Inter_Voice said:

As another Spendor owner/ user I concur with Inter Voice, they need some assistance up top.

Jambalaya

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
I found silver DH Lab cables a bit too bright and "thin" sounding with my A6's. I am listening to a pair of MIT Matrix 28 which I like so far but still need some break in time. The dealer I bought the speakers from is loaning me a pair of Carda Clear Light cables for audition. Getting cables right is turning out to be much harder than I thought. These Spendors have a superb ability for refined and detailed reproduction.

yyshoeswwc

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
UGG boots North Face Womens Denali Jacketswill be the newest popular accessories. Cheap Ugg Boots
Practically guide keep the feet hot or perhaps awesome based on the weather outside the house, they make an enormous trend affirmation also. Uggs are usually awesome, sweet, comfy along with comfortable.North Face Womens Denali Jackets These are actually Australian Lambs skin Cheap Uggs
boot styles created from double confronted lamb skin color. They're practical pretty ft . wear and come in a number of tones that you can pick from. Feminine boot styles appear in vibrant shades such as red and purple while folks manage to prefer natural hues. Additionally they come in a a lot of designs like high heel sandals, flats, high; without or with laces and so on. North Face Womens Denali JacketsThese boots also have an advantage of staying used without or with stockings because they offer an inner wool coating along with assist in keeping the toes warm. Ugg boot ugg boots sale
may be worn throughout winter and make the feet risk-free up to temp as low as.

Jambalaya

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
The Cardas came and went. Sound really lost detail with them. Tried some Audioquest Rocket 44 but found them to be just OK. These MIT Matrix 28 are really quite special with incredible low level detail ability. Speakers don't have to be at a particularly high listen levels to discern the dynamics of the music. Each individual instrument seems to be perfectly in proportion. I think I have found my speaker cable.

bluedroog

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
Just another option and honestly I have to say they’re not something I have first hand experience but have you considered adding super tweeters as another option? I know Tannoy make some well regarded ones but the Townshed seem to be the most popular.

As I said I’ve never tried them and they may well not be the answer but them again they might, they’d be worth investigating further I think. You wouldn’t have to change you speakers either. I’ve read user reviews on them and many report not just improved highs but also improved lower end in terms of perception at least.

Jambalaya

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
There is no issue with the high frequency response on the Spendors, it's absolutely fantastic with the right equipment. I'm looking for cables that will deliver clear, clean undistorted signal in correct proportion to the original recording. With the MITs so far, instruments have a naturalness about the way they come across - instrumental timbre, that small "roughness" that accompanies the main note which helps identify the artist, softness, style and character of the music and instrument. It's all there with the MIT cables.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts