scott taylor said:
Hi all just bought pioneer xc-hm82d and Q-acoustic 2020i but I'm not getting a great deal of bass out, speakers are up high on kitchen cabinets I know not ideal but shouldn't really effect them, any ideas? Guys.

Welcome Scott.

Unfortunately, modern speakers are designed to work at their best at a given height, where the bass/midrange driver(s) should be around ear level (when seated). Below and above the optimum height and they will fail to reach anywhere near their potential.

If you can't find room for dedicated stands then wall brackets are a good option - better than sticking them on top of a cabinet.

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
scott taylor said:
Hi all just bought pioneer xc-hm82d and Q-acoustic 2020i but I'm not getting a great deal of bass out, speakers are up high on kitchen cabinets I know not ideal but shouldn't really effect them, any ideas? Guys.

Thats ok for background music.

If you want bass then buy bigger speakers and mount them at the correct height on stands.

BigH said:
scott taylor said:

Thats ok for background music.

If you want bass then buy bigger speakers and mount them at the correct height on stands.

If your set-up is going to remain in the kitchen then, as suggested, get was brackets and mount them under the cabinets or get some pads and place them actually on the worktop.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts