Need advice pairing a P3-24

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

Few questions for my first post:

I am looking to buy a Rega P3-24 with an amp. So far, I have look at the Brio 3 and the Cambrigde 650 but I would like to get more suggestion in the same price range (ARCAM?, Rotel?). I would probably need a pre-amp too.

Also, the Rega P3-24 comes with the color/psu option. What do you think of that? Sure I like the colors but does the psu makes a good difference?

Any cart suggestion?

Music I listen to: Neil Young, Pearl Jam, Hendrix, The Who.....

Thanks

A

Anonymous

I have a system in a smallish room consisting of P3-24, TT PSU (massive improvement), Rotel RA02 amp and Revolver RW16 speakers. This works superbly because

• the Rega with the PSU sounds as good as any deck I've tried below £1000
  • the Rotel amp has a fantastic phono stage (as well as a headphone socket, which I wanted)
  • the Revolvers have a lovely sound and are rated at 90db efficiency, which means you don't need a massive amplifier
  • I have a very good MC cartridge (Dynavector DV10x5) added

Equivalent amp now is the RA05 (if available).

A

Anonymous

Thanks,

I should have mentioned : I live in Canada.

Sadly the only Rotel amp available in North America is the RA 1520.

A

Anonymous

Well, the 1520 is newer and twice the price of the RA02 so ought to be better! Plus it also has the features mentioned.

You should try & hear it with different speakers. Revolver have a Canadian distributor if you're interested: http://www.revolveraudio.co.uk/dealers.htm

Don't forget to max out the P2-24 with the PSU and a good moving-coil (mine's a high output one) - it's worth it!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts