Question Need advice on stereo amplifier please.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

RayP

Aug 28, 2012
Visit site
@Tinman1952 , maybe you were just unlucky with your AVR. I have mine connected to an AVR without a problem. I agree it’s a daft method of doing things if it causes someone not to be able to use the amp without issue.

When my Yamaha gives up the ghost I’ll buy the nearest equivalent and hope it’s okay.

Reactions: Tinman1952

Tinman1952

@Tinman1952 , maybe you were just unlucky with your AVR. I have mine connected to an AVR without a problem. I agree it’s a daft method of doing things if it causes someone not to be able to use the amp without issue.

When my Yamaha gives up the ghost I’ll buy the nearest equivalent and hope it’s okay.
Agreed. I was possibly just unlucky. I suspect Naim hope you will use only their equipment…..
I was using a Yamaha Aventage and have since replaced it with a newer model. Even the lower Yamaha models are excellent and the DSP is without equal in my opinion. 🙂

RayP

Aug 28, 2012
Visit site
Agreed. I was possibly just unlucky. I suspect Naim hope you will use only their equipment…..
I was using a Yamaha Aventage and have since replaced it with a newer model. Even the lower Yamaha models are excellent and the DSP is without equal in my opinion. 🙂
My Aventage is the RX A3010 bought in 2012. For home cinema it’s fine but for two channel music it’s nowhere near the Naim. Completely lacking in bass and control. With any luck it’ll see me out. 😁

Reactions: Tinman1952

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts