NEED A NEW BLURAY PLAYER MY CURRENT PIO BDP150K A BIG LET DOWN

sameersuleman

Aug 29, 2012
Visit site
Hi All,

i have had a pioneer bdp150 for the last 2 years and of late has started acting up.Most new movies not playing....the few that do end up freezing at some point. I talked to pioneer but no solution.I think a firmware update is needed but they havent released any since 2013.

I now need to purchase a new b/d player. i NEED SOME EXPERT ADVISE ON this.I will definately not go for pioneer again.Please advise...i will really appreciate so suggestions.

I need a player that will play flawlessly long term.

Rgds,

SAMEER

abacus

If its been working fine for 2 years then the hardware has probably become faulty, and a firmware update will not solve this.

Run a laser cleaner disc through it to see if that helps, also do a factory reset as this can sometimes clear up problems.

Hope this helps

Bill

abacus said:
If its been working fine for 2 years then the hardware has probably become faulty, and a firmware update will not solve this.

Run a laser cleaner disc through it to see if that helps, also do a factory reset as this can sometimes clear up problems.

Hope this helps

Bill

The OP says "most new movies" do not play properly, which means older ones and some of the new ones are playing fine. This is most certainly due to firmware issues.

sameersuleman

Aug 29, 2012
Visit site
many thanks SO SJ,i have looked at the links you sent and have one question where in the 2nd link it mentions that the BDP-S5500 "boasts wider disc support than the rest"- if i go for the 4500 wouldnt "disc support" be an issue because the problem i am having with my pioneer 150 is freezing and all new blurays not playing atall ( avengers ultron 3d ,jurssic world 3d, kingsman asking for a firmware update that doest exist with pioneer etc). Kindly advise.

K.Rgds,

SAMEER.

sameersuleman

Aug 29, 2012
Visit site
Plastic panny- wow i like your horse/shoe comment-BRILLIANT.....and thanks yes i am going for a sony s-4500 horse.

One last question- is the s4500 going to play all region dvds?? if not can it at some point be adjusted to play all region dvd's?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts