Need a AV receiver for my new Atmos setup

Oct 16, 2016
Visit site
Could I please get some reccomendations on a receiver to power a 5.1.2 Atmos setup. It will be connected via pre outs to a Marantz PM6005 which powers the front Monitor Audio Bronze 2 bookshelves. Centre and sub are both Monitor Audio Bronze series while rears are Q Acoustics 3010.

Cheers!

jjbomber

Alex Dornan-Lund said:
Could I please get some reccomendations on a receiver to power a 5.1.2 Atmos setup. It will be connected via pre outs to a Marantz PM6005 which powers the front Monitor Audio Bronze 2 bookshelves. Centre and sub are both Monitor Audio Bronze series while rears are Q Acoustics 3010.

Cheers!

Marantz NR1607 is the obvious candidate.

Alex Dornan-Lund said:
The x2200w doesn't have front l/r pre outs. I'm pretty set on the NR1607 but was wondering if I would notice a significant difference opting for the SR5011? 
I'm pretty sure the X2300w has pre-outs. Bear on mind that compromises have been made to the 1607 (lower powered amplifiers etc.) to keep the size small. Haven't done a direct comparison with 5011 but on specs alone, the Marantz SR5011 will be superior.

I would suggest you demo, because you may find that the AV receiver may be as good as the stereo amplifier and you may not need the pre-outs at all.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts