Neat Iota...Xplorer

Leeps

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
Whoooooaaaaaa!!!!!!

Almost choked on my tea stumbling across Neat's new design on their website. I'm a real fan of Neat. I like their thinking and I've enjoyed all their speakers I've heard. Just when you thought they've pushed the boundaries of a small speaker, they up the ante again.

I was surprised to learn the Iota Alpha already hits lows of 33hz! So what this wee beastie the Xplorer can do will be interesting to hear. Funny how the Iota's success is apparently leading to an entire range all of itself.

lpv

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
Leeps said:
Whoooooaaaaaa!!!!!!

Almost choked on my tea stumbling across Neat's new design on their website. I'm a real fan of Neat. I like their thinking and I've enjoyed all their speakers I've heard. Just when you thought they've pushed the boundaries of a small speaker, they up the ante again.

I was surprised to learn the Iota Alpha already hits lows of 33hz! So what this wee beastie the Xplorer can do will be interesting to hear. Funny how the Iota's success is apparently leading to an entire range all of itself.

I think that what’s most people need, small and good sound.. should make them active for even less boxes ( but than maybe more cables..)

andyjm

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
I have a pair of the original 'Neat Petite'

Excellent speaker, and excellent service. After a few (5?) years of ownership, my son trashed one of the covers. Neat sent a pair (they couldn't match the fabric on the original) free of charge. I offered to pay, but they wouldn't take my money.

Always happy to recommend this firm.

nick8858

Aug 8, 2011
Visit site
I have the original Iotas and for their size they are truly excellent. I do have a subwoofer but often don't bother with it. Mine are on thick glass shelves near to a wall and are a perfect fit for our room and aesthetics. If I had room for the Iota Aplhas I'd go for them straight away.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
The Iota Alpha and Xplorer designs have both bucked a 25 year trend for speakers that get deeper and narrower each year.

Both models are wider than they are deep which I find significant as they don’t attempt to ‘deceive’ the eye (viewed face on) that they are somehow smaller. (A trend that goes against best design practice - according to at least two loudspeaker designers on this forum - and panders to fashion and WAF.)

Leeps

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
The new Xplorer looks a fair bit bigger than the Iota Alpha's (see link)...

http://www.hifiservices.com/2017/10/24/rmaf-2017-post-show-report-pt-2-atrium-suite-535/

With the additional driver and complex mechanism, I would think the RRP would be pretty hefty in comparison too. Interesting nonetheless. Definitely one to shortlist for the Bristol Show.

TRENDING THREADS