NAS to Hi-Fi......?

ziggy47

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Hi forumites, so I've now gotten my music library onto my Synology NAS and need to stream it to my hi-fi system, without having my PC turned on.

I have an ATV3 plugged into my DAC, but cannot pick up the NAS with this, so what is my best possible solution to achieve my goal ?

I don't want to spend too much at the moment, Christmas prezzies are taking priority and spare cash !!

Any helpful suggestions would be appreciated, cheers Richard...........

acalex

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
ziggy47 said:
Hi forumites, so I've now gotten my music library onto my Synology NAS and need to stream it to my hi-fi system, without having my PC turned on.

I have an ATV3 plugged into my DAC, but cannot pick up the NAS with this, so what is my best possible solution to achieve my goal ?

I don't want to spend too much at the moment, Christmas prezzies are taking priority and spare cash !!

Any helpful suggestions would be appreciated, cheers Richard...........

You should install/activate a streaming service on your NAS. I guess a synology will have with no doubt an Itunes streaming services.

ziggy47

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Hi acalex, thanks for the reply, however it doesn't answer my problem.

The Synology does have some kind of app to transfer to a streamer, but I can't detect it with an ATV3, so I am looking for something to achieve this......Cheers Richard

scene

If you had an ATV2, you could jailbreak it and browse directly... But that's probably not what you want to hear.

You can buy apps, like FileBrowser and then use airplay, but you need an iPad/iPod in the middle to do this, which again is probably not what you're looking for.

Apple appear to have really taken a hard stance on this, and basically you need a PC/Mac running iTunes, or an iThing with iTunes/Airplay in the middle to make this work - or you have to jailbreak the ATV, and then I think it only works with ATV2.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts