NAS drives and ipad software to control them

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I am looking at buying an Epsilon Music centre and speakers but will need a NAS drive.

I want to control everything from my ipad and do not want to leave my pc on all the time.

I would really like an app to give me album cover views and details like those in the itunes on my pc.

I have been recommended a buffalo NAS drive but nothing on how to control it. Any help gratefull received from this real novice.

Many thanks

Xanderzdad

Jun 25, 2008
Visit site
A Synology NAS does everything you need. Comes with their own DS Audio app for controlling the music without your PC on. It will also act as a Squeezebox server.

Works brilliantly and no PC needed. You can even plug USB speakers directly into the NAS!

A

Anonymous

A synology nas (or any other nas for that matter, but synology and Q-nap are top of the line products), an iPad and a system capable og handling airplay should give you what you seek. Just add the songs stored on your nas to the itunes library in your iPad, and play via airplay... simple and efficient!

A

Anonymous

using an LG NAS with a Denon RCD-N7 & 6 series Samsung TV. All works very well apart from the BT homehub often decides to drop devices. I hear replacing the BT with a Netgear Router sorts that problem though so will be doing so soon

Hi-FiOutlaw

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
+ 1 for Synology, i've already saw the synology DS212J controled throuth my ipad with DS app, it works, and very easy to sep up.

Synology's software is the easiest to use also!

pkerai

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Any of the NAS support Andriod tablets, they are much cheaper and have more potential options.

Furthermore, any of particular use with a SONOS connect.

Are there any of noticible sound differences when using audiophile files and equipment.

That should be the final goal of any system.......

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts