Napster,spotify or both?

farawaydave

Oct 2, 2008
Visit site
Want to stream music from my shiny new ipad 2 but am confused as which to use. Spotify requires facebook membership if im not mistaken so that turns me off sraightaway. so which Napster subscription? Do I need the £10 mobile or is the £5 ok for my purpose?

A

Anonymous

You can sigup with a nonsense name on facebook, and never use it again. Spotify is better quality. £10 if you want mobile and 320 Kbps, £5 otherwise (160 Kbps).

gowiththeflow

Jan 10, 2009
Visit site
Dan Turner said:
If I'm not mistaken the Facebook account is only mandatory if you use the free version of Spotify

Have a look here..... http://www.spotify.com/uk/get-spotify/overview/ and press the "Get Spotify ....." button.

It appears that a Facebook account is required for all 3 levels of service for new subscribers.

If that doesn't appeal and you don't want to create a "bogus" account, there are a couple of other alternative services.

Unfortunately, one other service with 320 kbps quality streams and a huge catalogue of music, Deezer (that extended "officially" to the UK just a couple of months ago), has now announced that it's also climbing into bed with Facebook. |(

Napster provide a 30 day (ad free) free trial, which I seem to be able to get over and over again, without performing any any dodgy shinanagins ! The sound quality hasn't been that brilliant in the past, even quite muddy at times, but unless I'm imagining it, recently it seems to have improved quite a bit, even though they don't have anything like a 320 kbps service.

A

Anonymous

Sorry if i have misunderstood but you want to stream from your ipad? Do you mean you want to listen on your ipad?

Unlerss its changed recently spotify didnt have an app for the Ipad (only the iphone, which will run in that horrible small window on your ipad).

I used to (and still do) love spotify but as a sonos user I have moved to napster because of a year old problem with lots of tracks not being available in spotify when accesed via sonos.

I bought an ipad2 recently and must say the napster app looks great (as does the sonos one).

If you work around the facebook hinderance and you dont have sonos and dont mind waiting for the ipad version of spotify and want better quality sound then go with spotify.

If you have sonos and how good it looks now on your ipad is important then go with napster.

I recently moved from spotify to napster.

Oh and the tenner a month is great (from both providers) rather than the £5 a month offering.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
We've got a comparative test of all the major music streaming services in our next, January issue - going out to subscribers next week, in shops @12th December.

TRENDING THREADS