Naimuniti CD Mechanisms

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Yes... I hold my hands up that this could be the most stupid (stupidest ;) ) question ever!

Why can I not open the CD tray on the Naimuniti? What in earth am I doing wrong?

Surely it can not be that difficult!

Any help or advice appreciated.

Regards.

A

Anonymous

To load a CD pull open the drawer using the handle on the left hand side of the unit. Place the CD on the platter followed by the magnetic puck. Do not use a puck from any other Naim CD player. Different Naim CD players use dissimilar pucks. Push the door closed.

its in the manual

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
I've not set up a NaimUniti (only enjoyed it in action
emotion-21.gif
), so not sure how it comes 'out of the box'; could there be clamping screws on the bottom of the unit securing the drawer for transit - i've encountered that on other players before. (And near-invisible sellotape securing the drawer
emotion-15.gif
)

The manual should certainly mention any such securings...

JamesPianoman

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Let me know the secret- mine is being delivered in 2wks! Maybe you can upload a review as well and we can compare notes...
emotion-15.gif

Enjoy! Wish I had mine for Chrimbo...

A

Anonymous

Clare Newsome:
I've not set up a NaimUniti (only enjoyed it in action
emotion-21.gif
), so not sure how it comes 'out of the box'; could there be clamping screws on the bottom of the unit securing the drawer for transit - i've encountered that on other players before. (And near-invisible sellotape securing the drawer
emotion-15.gif
)

The manual should certainly mention any such securings...

got it in one and the manual does

A transit screw on the underside of the NaimUniti case should be removed before use and replaced if the unit is to be moved. This transit screw must not be used in any other Naim product. Handle NaimUniti with extra care once the transit screw is removed.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
If removing the transit screw from underneath, make sure the unit is oriented normally (ie horzontally). You may need to edge it over the side of a table/surface for this.

The transit screw will look like one of these....

0030.jpg

Your unit comes with instructions.(pdf file see page 4 of 25 for the transit screw bit.)

Did you throw them away?

(And yes, your dealer should have briefed you on this detail. If he/she ommitted this then email Naim so they can take this up with the dealer.)

Don't forget to go to the Naim website to register now. (Don't leave it.) Or post the registration card as soon as possible. This gets you your extended warranty.

A

Anonymous

Thank you guys....

The dealer I bought from has been brilliant to me over the weeks, and it is in fact HIS uniti I am using as the delivery did not come as expected due to the weather. Has given me the option of keeping or getting new when the batch arrives 5 January 2010. Can not fault Simon... Top bloke.

I also turned up late as he was heading away (traffic nightmare), but made the effort to get me sorted :)

The manual I have is in German on p4. *ponder*....

The screw indeed was the problem on the underside. Many thanks to everyone on a novice that is too excited to listen to music than think. *blush*.

Now to get it all into motion over the next month and put through the paces.

Cheers again :)

Merry Christmas :) :) :)

A

Anonymous

you can download the english version of the manual from the naim website

merry xmas to you too
emotion-1.gif

TRENDING THREADS