naim unity 2 ??

audioaddict

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
does any one know when the untiy 2 will be out and how much ? ive always wanted one but the 50 wat output for me has always put me off but now theyve upped it to 70 watts hs got my ears pricked up any info wld be great thanks guys

audioaddict

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
yeah was wondering how much different the extra would make the other thing i read on the naim website is that the cd section has been updated as well so not sure how much better the mk11 is gonna be so still not sure whether to go for the original as ive seen it for just over 2k online or hang on for a bit and maybe wait a bit and see if the price comes down o the mk11

AA, I would say if you can pick up the original at a fair price then go for it. If it doesn't match your aspirations, shouldn't have any problems re-selling on.

As I've mentioned many times the Nait 5i was scarily powerful for 50 watts (depending on speaker dbs), more, I'd guess, in the region of 70-80 watts. If the Uniti (MKI) mirrors the Nait 5i - and you have a normal sized room - there shouldn't be a problem.

However, the main caveat (as mentioned in your previous threads), the Uniti probably won't give you the overall SQ of your Monoblocs.

The only way to know for sure is to make the effort and purchase the Uniti (if you can't dem one), and see how it stacks up against the Audiolabs.

Good luck, pp

audioaddict

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
thnx pp i think your right about the audiolabs shading the unity for sq but im still struggling with the convenience thing. maybe a marantz cr 603 wld be a good compromise and save meself a fortune lol

audioaddict said:
thnx pp i think your right about the audiolabs shading the unity for sq but im still struggling with the convenience thing. maybe a marantz cr 603 wld be a good compromise and save meself a fortune lol

As a pure guess, I would say that Naim, like Arcam and many other brands, have a uniform sound. So tonally I'd be surprised if the new incumbent was different from the original Uniti or Nait 5i.

In addition to my previous posts, if you can grab the original Uniti at a decent price, and it doesn't compare to the Audiolabs, you shouldn't have any problems re-selling on and retrieving most (if no all) of your money. (Assuming, of course, you can't dem one).

Regards the Marantz, I've not heard this one. It's highly regarded, but I think you maybe taking yourself further away from the quality the Audiolabs can give. Again, you need to decide for yourself... but you need, somehow, to demo it first and then weigh up the pros and cons.

audioaddict

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
good thought andrew though not sure how the two different sounding brands would gel together. i read somewhere that a guy added a nap 250 to his unity and it didnt sound as good as the unity on its own which i thought was strange.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts