Naim UnitiServe - review request for WHF team

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

Hi Andrew,

I think there's quite a few people keen to hear a review of this unit from the trusted whf team. I have the exact same concerns and - although they can sound like pre-judgements - they are essentially a question of what the difference is. I hope my 'pre-judgements' are wrong.

I'm using a vortexbox music server and although brilliant for the money, at the end of the day its based on open source software that doesn't guarantee any support, sometimes the unit doesn't boot up first time, and I've had several issues backing up the unit (all issues probably related to my lack of of technical skill)

Going back to the original question, if the unitiserve is easy to use AND better sq than mac/pc/vortexbox etc then lots of people want to know and will buy one...

Please review!

Martyn

buller

Dec 24, 2008
Visit site
I will never understand why someone would use their laptop or computer as part of their hifi, I've had separates all my life, I think it's just people who think it will sound the same. I have friends that do it, and they think it sounds good, then they listen to a real hifi, one designed for music. I've got the olive 04 hd at the moment, sounds better than any laptop I've heard, and looks nice as part of a hifi. But it being American, it crashes, so it's being replaced with uniserv. If you can't afford one, shhhh, if you like your laptop, fare do, but don't slag one off when you've never heard one. Same people that think mp3 sounds as good as 16 bit music. Deluded people. Lets get rid of our tvs, because we can watch tv on the laptop, lets get rid of our ps3 and Xbox, because your laptop plays games. Really, if you can't afford a hifi, then stick to your computer, but don't slag real hifi off because you can't afford it, when you don't have a clue about hifi. Stick to mp3, I'll listen to my 24 bit hi def recordings on my expensive seperates HI FI, the end

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts