Naim UnitiQute 2. How is that possible...!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Leeps

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
Hi-FiOutlaw said:
Leeps said:
I would never have thought about teaming up a Unitiqute with a Pathos! Interesting blend of old and new. The sheer flexibility of the 'Qute is endearing, particularly as and when Naim roll out built-in Spotify Connect, which they threatened to do a couple of weeks back. Its versatility actually makes the price very reasonable indeed, especially is you can build it up over time, using the internal amp to begin with, then adding the NAP100 or indeed the Pathos over time (or the 250wpc Cambridge Azur 851P if you really wanted to!!).

i'm using the UQ2 as a pre amp, the Pathos is a hybrid amp with 70wpc and valve pre amplification, not old, so will not need a power amp (NAP 100).

about spotify, you have a point there, but for now I use ipad and ATV3 that can be connected into one of the optical inputs on UQ2. Maybe Naim can provide spotify in a near future by a software update.

Sorry - probably didn't word it especially well the first time. I mention the NAP100 or the Cambridge as alternatives to the Pathos rather than instead of. Certainly the Pathos is more aesthetically pleasing than either of the other black boxes.

How would you describe the Dynaudios' contribution to the blend? Tonally, what strengths in speakers would bring out the best of the Qute/Pathos combination?

Hi-FiOutlaw

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I've heard the Dyns X12 with some amps, Naim pre/power combo, Rega Brio R ( owned for one year), Rega Elicit R, Linn Majik DSM, Unison Research Unico Nuovo and Pathos.

The hybrids were the ones that paired the better with them, giving power with control, a tuneful and silky mid range, crispy upper treble with loads of detail, the Dyns are a very revealing speaker, they just build a picture in front of you like no other standmount that i've heard, superb with voices especially feminine and acoustic music, the X12 love vinyl and valves!

UQ2 just increased exponentialy all the good qualities of the dyns! The X12 just let you know all the changes that you have made, and better the amplification and source the better they perform, until now have been like that, they accentuate every litle change in the system!

Hi-FiOutlaw

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy... I wasn't expecting this.... :O

Just hooked up the UQ2 to the Dyns and the result was amazing, the UQ2 drove the X12 more than ok, it drove them better then the Brio R, full of power and tension in the woofers, it drove the dyns like almoust the Pathos does, but not with the natural sounding and the upper treble defenition, but my gentlemen let me just add this the result was not expected!

And compared with the Majik DSM the UQ2 did a better job on driving the dyns, need to have the Majik DSM again to compare them in SQ, but Naim 35 wpc are VERY misleading!!!

TRENDING THREADS