Naim Uniti Nova PE is brand's most powerful streaming player yet

podknocker

They really are ugly slabs of horror. The gap in the middle is just inviting muck and dust. Overpriced, ugly and I don't know why this company is worshipped within HIFI circles.

I did say a while back that Class D would be the next big thing and this move from Naim will possibly tempt other companies to adopt this topology.

I think the market is heading towards small, light and efficient devices. Naim owners probably don't care about the price of energy, but Class D is inevitably the future.

Last edited:
Reactions: DougK1

Hifiman

Apr 17, 2020
Visit site
At twice the price of the regular Nova, it's ugly and they should have given its facia a substantial redesign.
I do not understand what justifies double the price either, especially since high power outputs are traditionally much easier to achieve with Class D amplification. And that is before many audiophiles weigh in with their opinions concerning the relative merits of Class AB and Class D amplification.

I do not understand what justifies double the price either, especially since high power outputs are traditionally much easier to achieve with Class D amplification. And that is before many audiophiles weigh in with their opinions concerning the relative merits of Class AB and Class D amplification.
Especially as it’s remarkably similar to the Award winning Cambridge Evo 150 that uses a similar Hypex amp module, does streaming and has a phono stage. The rub is it costs just one-quarter of the price of the Naim!

Comparision test incoming I hope, WHF!

Last edited:

manicm

Especially as it’s remarkably similar to the Award winning Cambridge Evo 150 that uses the same Hypex amp module, does streaming and has a phono stage. The rub is it costs just one-quarter of the price of the Naim!

Comparision test incoming I hope, WHF!

Actually it's not clear which amp chips they use, Naim doesn't say.

bigmoose

May 9, 2009
Visit site
At twice the price of the regular Nova, it's ugly and they should have given its facia a substantial redesign.
Coming from Linn, that was my thought as well. In reality however, they do look fantastic and their somewhat-understated design means they fit into a lounge easily without attracting attention. I’m not a fan of how they increased the heigth of the unit - And the price! I’d rather keep my unit and get a more powerful class AB power amp.

Romulus

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
On first blush a lot of people are turned off by what this component is offering at an expensive price of £8,600. A review with comparison components is required. I think maybe Naim have gone beyond themselves in believing too much of their own popularity. A class D amp in components usually with other brands allows a competitive price, but Naim seem to have passed by this opportunity, maybe they are taking the Naim cult for granted....?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts