Naim Uniti Core

• Thread starter QuestForThe13thNote
  • Start date
Q

QuestForThe13thNote

Does anyone on here have one of these or any naim products and can give me some advice about how the app functions. I’m principally interested in how you can search music and store multiple playlists, and if you can do a search within a search, and metatag tracks or albums. Could I use the naim app with my cyrus streamer. Ie it’s just a upnp app that pushes music to my streamer. I know it can be used as a digital transport, I’m really interested in just the ripping and nas functionality of it. If does sound better as a transport then I might get rid of my streamer.

I’ve been looking at Innuos and melco devices, but the app support is rubbish to non existent. Qnap do a good nas too.

I wish these firms would put up video tutorials to show what you are getting on the app etc, before you buy.

Gazzip

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
QuestForThe13thNote said:
Does anyone on here have one of these or any naim products and can give me some advice about how the app functions. I’m principally interested in how you can search music and store multiple playlists, and if you can do a search within a search, and metatag tracks or albums. Could I use the naim app with my cyrus streamer. Ie it’s just a upnp app that pushes music to my streamer. I know it can be used as a digital transport, I’m really interested in just the ripping and nas functionality of it. If does sound better as a transport then I might get rid of my streamer.

I’ve been looking at Innuos and melco devices, but the app support is rubbish to non existent. Qnap do a good nas too.

I wish these firms would put up video tutorials to show what you are getting on the app etc, before you buy.

Ermmm... that’s bollox. From personal experience Innuos offer great support. As a matter of fact they will undertake 1-on-1 remote login and telephone support sessions to ensure system set up is perfect. They will even re-code their firmware to suit your requirements. What you state is completely untrue. Why do that?

Q

QuestForThe13thNote

So far it just doesn’t have the flexibility I need. With Innuos you basically have to use a third party app as the music player - iPeng etc. That’s what I meant. I’m looking for the flexibility on the other thread - search within a search. Thank you. Ps the naim forum is probably the place to go to ask.

The last I heard, Innuos were developing their own app based on the likes of iPeng, but I’m not sure how far along that is. There are a number of apps - I use Squeezepad.

Innuos’ support is excellent, which is one reason why I’ve had Innuos from day one. Give Innuos a call, they’ll know of many apps that can be used, and more than likely tell you which will suit.

newlash09

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
There is a roon server coming out soon from roon itself I think. Or maybe it's already out. I can't find more info on it from my restricted internet on board. It might be a good option in my opinion

Q

QuestForThe13thNote

Thanks for comments. I contacted Innuos but they didn’t seem to know of any apps doing what i want - search within a search. I think with Roon, you have to have Roon functionality in the streamer. Cyrus doesn’t have it, so a no go.

Im going to try Plex on my pc and if it’s good I’ll buy a nas drive to upload it too, as you have to but Plex on either the pc or nas. Looking on the Internet I came across ‘minimserver’ which seems to just replace the media server (eg twonky) on the nas, and it has the smart search within a search features ie exactly what I want. Not sure how it fairs with playlists. The website and forum does look very techie but I geuss if you persist you can get there.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts