Naim Uniti Atom, update

Happy_Listener

Jan 1, 2015
Visit site
Hi everyone,

Iv'e had my Naim Uniti Atom now for 7 weeks and I'm very happy with it. It's a sexy machine. I play with the giant knob often. I just wanted to give you guys a quick update. The sound quality and functionality have been great! It competes soundwise against amps costing its price and more plus you get all of its streaming capabilities included. It's 40 watts but sounds like twice that. Not sure how they do it? I think it's going to take me off the hi-fi roller coaster for a while. i have the Atom hooked up to a pair of Harbeth P3ESR's in a small room and it's sublime. I think it's all most people will ever need. Really, just hook up the Atom up to any pair of quality speakers and it's magic. The Neat Iota Alpha and Spendor A2/A4 would work great too. My plan is to get the new Rega P6 as well. I stream Tidal right now and the convinence and sound quality have kept me away from my CD collection and player. It's not really needed. However, I may buy the Uniti Core later on as Tidal doesn't have all of my music. Perhaps I should have went with the Uniti Star but it wasn't out yet here two months ago when I bought the Atom. $3000 USD for the Atom is a big sum to pay, more than the cost in UK and mainland Europe, but I think it's worth it for what it can all do. It has basically replaced my previous rack system. Iv'e streamlined it all and decluttered my room. I can now read Vladmir's mind. He sees a strong woman in front of me next to a trash bin filled with my hi-fi gear. LOL.. No Vlad, I did all myself. I'm 100% Alpha. Well, until my girlfriend moves in.

Glad you're enjoying the atom HL.I'm surprised it's working well with the harbeths,thought that they'd need a bit more than the atom but very good to know.I have done the exact same but With a superuniti...soooooo much less clutter and plugs and wires and you know what I mean.lol..I don't know if I'd pay the money for a core though...I just use a synology ds216j nas drive and It works a treat for a lot less money

Happy_Listener

Jan 1, 2015
Visit site
Yes, it seems to drive the Harbeth P3's well. My last amp was a 23 watt Sugden A21 so the Atom seems like a mega amp comparably. I'm sure the Star or Nova would do a better job still. Thanks for the Synology tip. I checked it out on Amazon. Good prices. I suppose I can just rip my CD's on an external superdrive and iMac and store them on a Synology. Not sure if it's bit perfect or does the same job the Core would do? I've read conflicting reports.

If you're looking for bit perfect rips HL...db poweramp is the application your after it will give you bit perfect wav,flac lossless files with 8 different levels of compression or the full fat uncompressed loveliness . it's around 32-35 sterling.

Then I've installed both minim and plex servers along with synology's own offering...I prefer the plex server myself . it's just a preference thing.

Q

QuestForThe13thNote

Happy_Listener said:
I think it's all most people will ever need.

thats what everyone thinks about their hifi until they upgrade, but great respect for enjoying good hifi and thanks for mini review.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts