Naim Uniti 1 v Uniti Lite

CraigDS

Sep 3, 2009
Visit site
Hello, The Naim Uniti Lite sounds very interesting. Excuse the pun.

I have spotted the Naim Uniti 1 24/192 for sale at a reduced price. So the question is how does the Uniti 1 24/192 compare to the Uniti Lite?

GeoffreyW

Sep 17, 2005
Visit site
:roll: Hi, CraigDS, I've gone for a Uniti 1 at a reduced price, ex dem, low running hours, which was offered at lower price than the lowest priced Lite, but it will be brought up to full spec by Naim. It also has FM/DAB/internet capability as standard, whereas the Lite offers it as an extra cost option. The review of the Lite sounds tempting, and compared to the Uniti 2 it is. Expect opinion will be divided as to whether the CD mechanism is better on the Uniti than the Lite, but guess it's a bit too early for any informed info on this matter.

If you can get the Uniti 1 for less than the Lite sans radio tuners, and have it brought up to the spec of the last Uniti 1, which cost £2400+, then go for it; asuming you want radio capability, of course.

Haven't got mine yet, unfortunately, it's still with Naim, so don't know how it'll sound in my system, but have high expectations.
smiley-laughing.gif

CraigDS

Sep 3, 2009
Visit site
The Uniti 1 has 24/192, DAC & 50w power. The UnitiLite has 24/192, DAC & 50w power. I just want to know what one has the better specified components? The CD drawer is only a convenience for me.

NHL

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
All this is a lot of money. Can we have an independent test institute rank the players? As I understand it from reviews, Uniti2 is required to get decent sound. SuperUniti will give analog resistor volume control also, but reviews tend to rank SuperUniti and Uniti2 on par.

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
I guess you will have to go and listen yourself!

im going to demo a Unitilite and see if its better than my Brio r & DAC if it is then it would be interesting, I like the all in one box

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts