naim SuperUniti or Uniti2

NHL

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Haven't the two converged? Why buy a SuperUniti when Uniti2 also offers a CD?

Also, it is a lot of money but it is always possible to sell it second hand at a lot of money.

:?

Juzzie Wuzzie

I don't need a CD player (ever) so the SU probably wins out over the Uniti2 (ignoring the £500 difference). But then why not consider a 172XS pre-amp with a suitable power amplifier - which would come in around the SU mark (although be two boxes). The Uniti Lite, as the review suggests is probably best bang for buck (i.e. you can get two of them for either of the other options).

As Chebby points out, what you buy depends on the what does it sound like v. what I can afford v. what do I want spectrum.

NHL

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Hi Chebby,

so far I've only listened to a 5i, which sounded low res. However, almost all reviewers seems to like the more expensive Naims. Would definitely like a CD, can be bought so cheap these days. :? :?

Paul@HiFi-Lounge

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
I did a demo the other day comparing both the Uniti2 and SU and there is still a performance difference between the 2, they are a lot closer now than they were with the Uniti so if you do need cd playback there is not such a handicap, but many people go with the SU for it's imporoved performance and add a cd player they already have or even find that once they have embraced streaming they really don't miss the cd player at all.

It's going to be really interesting once we get our UnitiLite as after reading the WHF review it seems to be a bit of a killer product at the price point.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts