Naim Price rise?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
As mentioned in another thread, i'm thining of upgrading in the near future, and saw a headline on this website about a price rise in april? anyone know if this is true and i should be auditioning before then?http://www.tomtomaudio.com/ cheers, Ed

A

Anonymous

looks like the new moon stuff is going to come into play on my short list then!

although, new products shouldn't really need a price hike so soon... unless they got it wrong on release!

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
[quote user="gregory"]
yes it's true, just bring out some new models leave it a couple of months and hoist the price up.b******s
[/quote]

Thing is, if you think about how prices have risen for raw materials, fuel/transport costs, pay rises to 'keep up' with inflation etc etc its hardly surprising that manufacturers have to pass some of it on to us. What surprises me is that new and often improved products are actually launched cheaper than their predecessors. So they go up every so often. No big deal.

A

Anonymous

You ever notice that 'inflationary' price rises are always more than inflation. Price hikes are fair enough but they're never just about inflation...

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
Understand but what is your point igglebert. Where does HIFI differ from most other luxury goods? Then there's the other side of the spectrum, where, if you compare some of the products today with older goods of similar performance and target market, you actually find they are cheaper nowadays.

I am not english so not familiar with what say a NAD 3020 cost when launched a million years ago. Perhaps someone knows and could compare that with a 315 of today in yesterdays money so to speak.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="drummerman"]
Understand but what is your point igglebert. Where does HIFI differ from most other luxury goods? Then there's the other side of the spectrum, where, if you compare some of the products today with older goods of similar performance and target market, you actually find they are cheaper nowadays.

I am not english so not familiar with what say a NAD 3020 cost when launched a million years ago. Perhaps someone knows and could compare that with a 315 of today in yesterdays money so to speak.
[/quote]
I didn't say hifi did differ from other luxury goods. To be fair I don't know how much they're going to put the prices up but my point was simply that inflationary rises are always good opportunities to slip in other rises.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
Your right of course. Still, its a closely fought battle for market shares especially in the 'budget' mass market of this particular industry. Just look what you get for the cash these days. More and more manufacturers have to outsource production to the far east to just be able to stay competitive. Perhaps I am wrong but the HIFI sector of the entertainment electronics industry is probably one of the hardest areas to make enough profit to re-invest in R&D thus stay in business longer than a couple of products. The merger of smaller businesses with larger groups is one example so is the failure of others to move with the times (castle to just mention one).

A

Anonymous

[quote user="drummerman"]

Your right of course. Still, its a closely fought battle for market shares especially in the 'budget' mass market of this particular industry. Just look what you get for the cash these days. More and more manufacturers have to outsource production to the far east to just be able to stay competitive. Perhaps I am wrong but the HIFI sector of the entertainment electronics industry is probably one of the hardest areas to make enough profit to re-invest in R&D thus stay in business longer than a couple of products. The merger of smaller businesses with larger groups is one example so is the failure of others to move with the times (castle to just mention one).[/quote]
All very good points...Shame Naim don't do budget ;-)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts