Naim NSS 333

Hifiman

Apr 17, 2020
Visit site
I am surprised more was not made of the lack of USB (B) input at this level. When the less expensive 222 was reviewed by WHF last year this omission was regarded as ‘a bit of an oversight to us’ whereas here it ‘isn’t a deal breaker’.
I suspect a fair few might disagree.

Reactions: Kenneth Fernandes

Friesiansam

It is something of a surprise to find a USB (Type B) not included, but given that the NSS 333 can play pretty much every music file your computer can, this isn’t a deal breaker.

I am surprised more was not made of the lack of USB (B) input at this level.
It has a USB (type A) input, there is not a problem.

Kenneth Fernandes

Mar 2, 2024
Visit site
I am surprised more was not made of the lack of USB (B) input at this level. When the less expensive 222 was reviewed by WHF last year this omission was regarded as ‘a bit of an oversight to us’ whereas here it ‘isn’t a deal breaker’.
I suspect a fair few might disagree.
And what about USB-C then?

Kenneth Fernandes

Mar 2, 2024
Visit site
Doesn't matter whether it is A, B or C. What does matter is that the WHF reviewer criticised a lack of USB input, even though one is present.
Although there are other Naim products like the Uniti range of all-in-one Wireless Streaming Amplifiers, there is very little scope for purchasing separates these days. Simply because it has never been easier to recycle old electronic devices and replace them with modern and energy-efficient devices. Also, it is very much possible to have a Processor+DAC+Amplifier on a single PCB board without any wires(wire-less), except for power input, and still achieve optimal cooling. In that way, you could easily connect any other device like a laptop via USB-C and use it as an external DAC (if the device has the feature), to stream content from a dedicated music software and also charge your laptop/device.

Friesiansam

Although there are other Naim products like the Uniti range of all-in-one Wireless Streaming Amplifiers, there is very little scope for purchasing separates these days. Simply because it has never been easier to recycle old electronic devices and replace them with modern and energy-efficient devices. Also, it is very much possible to have a Processor+DAC+Amplifier on a single PCB board without any wires(wire-less), except for power input, and still achieve optimal cooling. In that way, you could easily connect any other device like a laptop via USB-C and use it as an external DAC (if the device has the feature), to stream content from a dedicated music software and also charge your laptop/device.
All USB types can be powered.

Jasonovich

Jul 28, 2022
Visit site
It has it's hallmark NAIM signature, in term of aesthetics, it's quirky, love or hate it. I'm not sure I want to pay £8.5K for a streamer, when I can have a Rose for much less. Still, if you're sold into the NAIM eco-system this might appeal to you.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts