Question NAIM NAIT XS3 v SUPERNAIT 3

Gryffx23x

Feb 24, 2022
Visit site
Hi All

Can anyone advise what the difference is between NAIM NAIT XS3 v SUPERNAIT 3 apart from power outputs? I'm not sure I want to pay the extra £££'s for the Supernait 3 unless it is signifcantly better ?

Rgds

Reactions: MUSICRAFT
Hi All

Can anyone advise what the difference is between NAIM NAIT XS3 v SUPERNAIT 3 apart from power outputs? I'm not sure I want to pay the extra £££'s for the Supernait 3 unless it is signifcantly better ?

Rgds
a quick look at the Naim website might help answer your question. However, I think the Supernait adds a phono input and a balance control.... :)

Tinman1952

Hi All

Rgds
When Naim launched the first Supernait many years ago they were keen to stress it was at a level above the 5 Series and the XS series products. It was said to be comparable to the NAC 202 preamp and NAP 200 power amp lines. Benefitting from better circuitry and power supplies. Only you can judge if the performance is worth the extra money. 🙂

Hi All

Rgds

In addition SN3 incorporates DR tech, larger power supply, etc. Performance wise with all things being equal SN3 grips, drives and energises speakers and maintains it's composure far better at almost any comparable level with the most noticeable differences being a deeper, faster punchier bass and a clearer and focused mid range.

Reactions: rainsoothe

rainsoothe

In addition SN3 incorporates DR tech, larger power supply, etc. Performance wise with all things being equal SN3 grips, drives and energises speakers and maintains it's composure far better at almost any comparable level with the most noticeable differences being a deeper, faster punchier bass and a clearer and focused mid range.
This.

For the record, the XS3 has a phonostage as well.

Reactions: MUSICRAFT

twinkletoes

Nov 16, 2021
Visit site
Ive own a great number of naim products and the supernait and classic series boxes are where things start to get interesting in the naim line up.

With Naim the biggest differences are actually the most trivial on paper and easily glossed over.

You say" despite the obvious being power" (paraphrasing) in naim land that's what you're paying for, and they kind of just brush past it very quickly.

Take the hood off and it's very apparent what you paying for, everything has been supercharged, everything from the volume pot (look at the size of it) to how the wire is connected and raised off the board. and board isolation.

The capabilities of the supernait are its ability to grip and not lose control allowing it to drive bigger speakers watts don't mean anything in naim land. Its all about current, they give you the VA outputs of the transformers for example. I mean look at the size difference of them.

The preamp section is of far greater quality arguably the most important part.

it's very very close to 202 and nap 200dr without hicaps/power supplies, but the supernait will surpass them with a separate power supply box, but they're lots of money but worthing thinking about

with easy to drive speakers tbh the difference aren't all that pronounced at all and very hard to hear but turn the wick up and/or give them difficult to drive speakers with large dips in the impedance and the difference if very obvious.

If it were me i'd find a second hand supernait and enjoy and add a power supply later down the road

Images attached (right image being the super nait)

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-02-25 at 12.21.39.png
    Screenshot 2022-02-25 at 12.21.39.png
    367.2 KB · Views: 14
  • Screenshot 2022-02-25 at 12.22.42.png
    Screenshot 2022-02-25 at 12.22.42.png
    618 KB · Views: 14

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts