Naim nait 5i

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I bough a pair of Tannoy Eyris 1 speakers and now I need an amp on 500€ range to go with DacMagic.. I found deal for the Naim nait 5i for 460€, do you think this would be a good amp for them ?

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
I think you'd need to demo in all honesty

The Naim gear, to me, is you either like it or hate it!

What music do you generally listen to?

A

Anonymous

I can't demo it.

I listen mostly rock,acoustic sometimes some metal like, radiohead,dave matthews band, jimi hendrix,pink floyd, acdc,queens of stone age, phish,metallica, megadeth. I listened the speakers with a marantz Pm-6003 I liked it but with the faster stuff it lacked some speed, I dont like a to much forward and harsh sound like grado headphones.

matthewpiano

Its that slightly slow bass on the PM6003 that let things down for you.

I would recommend auditioning a Rotel RA-06SE. It has a very balanced sound but with plenty of pace, which I think could suit your needs very well.

I'll probably get lynched for pushing the brand again but I think a NAD C355BEE would also be worth auditioning.

For good measure also try a Creek Evolution 2 and a Roksan K2 from the next price bracket up.

A

Anonymous

Those amps you suggested are to much over my budget I only have 470? to
spend and the Naim Nait 5i I can get for 460? and the Pm 6003 I was
thinking its the same price. Prices here in portugal are over priced for example the CA 740A is 740? , you can check the amps price here

What I liked about the 6003 was
the smoothness, detail and warm felling the music had. Can the naim go
the same way but with enough juice with fast music?

Flatsound

Jul 22, 2007
Visit site
psychadelicWhale:
Those amps you suggested are to much over my budget I only have 470? to
spend and the Naim Nait 5i I can get for 460? and the Pm 6003 I was
thinking its the same price. Prices here in portugal are over priced for example the CA 740A is 740? , you can check the amps price here

What I liked about the 6003 was
the smoothness, detail and warm felling the music had. Can the naim go
the same way but with enough juice with fast music?

460? for a nait 5i? I think is a fair price. In the Uk the cheapest ones go for £400 = 460?
Is a shame you can't hear it before you pay. As someone said here Naim sound is different than most and not everyone likes it. Bear in mind, the Nait 5i sounds very analog but it isn't the smoothest amplifier in the world, IMHO. It is a very good amplifier that sounds very rich, very realistic and very dynamic too. If that is what you are looking for, I don't think you will find better in its price range. BTW, Naim amplifiers sound much better with Naim speaker cable (Nac A5), so don't forget to buy it too.

Good luck

A

Anonymous

i always thought that cd players would only get better the newer thay where as the technology improved in decodeing and cd transport.

A

Anonymous

what do you mean by analogic ? from what I read they say it as a very musical, rhythmic sound.

psychadelicWhale:I bough a pair of Tannoy Eyris 1 speakers and now I need an amp on 500? range to go with DacMagic.. I found deal for the Naim nait 5i for 460?, do you think this would be a good amp for them ?

WHFI S&V tested the old Nait 5i back in 2004 or 2005 with Tannoy Eyris 2s (i believe) speakers, so I would say the Naim would be a good match...
emotion-21.gif

Flatsound

Jul 22, 2007
Visit site
psychadelicWhale:what do you mean by analog ? from what I read they say it as a very musical, rhythmic sound.

I mean natural. And yes, The Nait 5i is a very musical and a rhythmic sounding amplifier.

rocketride

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
psychadelicWhale:I bough a pair of Tannoy Eyris 1 speakers and now I need an amp on 500?
range to go with DacMagic.. I found deal for the Naim nait 5i for 460?, do you think this would be a good amp for them ?

Try to audition Exposure 2010s2 or even 2010s NOS if you can find it somewhere. I think it would be a better match to your Eyris 1 then Naim 5i.

Few weeks ago I changed my Naim XS with Expo 3010s2 and partnered it with my existing Neat(s) Mometum 4i. Oh boy, they rock!
emotion-14.gif

A

Anonymous

plastic penguin:
psychadelicWhale:I bough a pair of Tannoy Eyris 1 speakers and now I need an amp on 500? range to go with DacMagic.. I found deal for the Naim nait 5i for 460?, do you think this would be a good amp for them ?

WHFI S&V tested the old Nait 5i back in 2004 or 2005 with Tannoy Eyris 2s (i believe) speakers, so I would say the Naim would be a good match...
emotion-21.gif

cool thats good to hear !

I can't find but do they have an website? I would like to read the review

A

Anonymous

Flatsound:psychadelicWhale:what do you mean by analogic ? from what I read they say it as a very musical, rhythmic sound.

I mean natural. And yes, The Nait 5i is a very musical and a rhythmic sounding amplifier.

sounds good :)

A

Anonymous

rocketride:
psychadelicWhale:I bough a pair of Tannoy Eyris 1 speakers and now I need an amp on 500?
range to go with DacMagic.. I found deal for the Naim nait 5i for 460?, do you think this would be a good amp for them ?

Try to audition Exposure 2010s2 or even 2010s NOS if you can find it somewhere. I think it would be a better match to your Eyris 1 then Naim 5i.

Few weeks ago I changed my Naim XS with Expo 3010s2 and partnered it with my existing Neat(s) Mometum 4i. Oh boy, they rock!
emotion-14.gif

Aren't those exposures more than 1k ? I'm paying 460? for the naim.

rocketride

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
Yes new models are more or around 1k Euros but I suggested you to try to find "old" Expo 2010s it must be cheaper at the moment.

That Naim 5i you intend to buy, is it new or second hand?

A

Anonymous

Used with 4 years but in a mint condition with original box, tv control and manual.

Flatsound

Jul 22, 2007
Visit site
psychadelicWhale:rocketride:

emotion-14.gif

Aren't those exposures more than 1k ? I'm paying 460? for the naim.

In the past I had both, the Exposure 2010S and Nait 5i, but for my taste the Nait 5i is so much better in every way.

Flatsound

Jul 22, 2007
Visit site
psychadelicWhale:What music you usually listen to ?

Hi psychadelicWhale,

I listen to all kinds of music. Almost all.

I think this is the most helpfull Nait 5i review. this one explains very well how the Nait 5i plays music.

http://www.one-hifi.com/documents/products/Nait_5i_Absolute_sound_REVIEW_1605.pdf

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts