Naim Muso 2nd gen, sound quality?

JoeSoap

Dec 1, 2019
Visit site
As mentioned in another thread, I have recently acquired and set up a Naim Muso 2nd generation system in my living room. It's used for music and is connected to the TV. Essentially, it is a replacement for a 1st generation Sonos Beam. I am interested in what other owners of the Muso think about how it sounds. There's not the night and day difference between the Beam and the Muso that I was expecting.

Sure, the Muso sounds good and there's some subtle details noticeable that I didn't hear on the Beam. But..... where the Sonos Beam used to fill the area around it with a clear soundstage, with the Muso, the sound never really leaves the box. Good as it sounds, it's a bit like listening to a transistor radio. There's just no getting away from it, the sound is clearly just in front of the box. It's not in the room. Expecting too much from a one box solution perhaps? Well, maybe. But the Sonos Beam was a more convincing listen. What do other owners of the Muso think?

The Sonos Beam was a far better listen than I gave it credit for! And I paid about 1/3 the cost of the Muso 2nd gen for the Beam.

FWIW musical tastes are typically Beatles, Dire Straits, Led Zeppelin, Simon & Garfunkel, Joni Mitchell.... Via Apple Music.

AndrewF

Feb 3, 2023
Visit site
No experience with Sonus. I have a Muso 2 and have been very pleased with it. There are some setting you can adjust depending on where you place it in the room. Perhaps try messing with those, or with room placement itself.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts