Naim Left on/Turned off

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Do any Naim owners here notice a difference with leaving their kit turned on all the time as opposed to turning it off over night?

I turned my stuff off over the weekend as I was away and can't say that I've noticed a difference on turning it back on. This may be down to not being able to AB the difference or dodgy ears. The guy in the shop tried to tell me that his stuff takes about 3 days to get back to normal though, i can only think he has major shares in power companies.

About the only thing putting me off turning it off now is the quiet pop as the amp gets turned on, even when the volume is right down!

A

Anonymous

I have a Nait 5i which always stays on. After being on for a few days it does sound warmer and more refind in my opinion and there are a few things to back this up. 1. The amp runs very cool so must take a while for the tempreture to build up. 2. I think it says in the manual something about sounding its best after being on for a week. 3. There is no power switch on the front so it must have been designed to stay on!

Keith

fatboyslimfast

Jan 10, 2008
Visit site
I've got a 102/180, and it does sound better once on for a few hours. I can't say I hear a difference between say 2 hours and a couple of days though.

I normally leave mine off, but if I know I'm going to listen to it that evening, switch it on when I get in from work.

The difference between the couple of hours and more is not enough to justify the extra electricity cost IMO (esp. considering the latest price rises).

A

Anonymous

Yeah I've not really noticed any price rises yet, probably due to just having my £50 per month come out and not having had it reviewed as to if its covering it!

Given the amount of music i get (feel i am allowed) to listen to these days it's not really worth having the hifi on all the time.

Do you get a click or pop when you turn your 5i on?

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
Sensible advice Cheby, but I have to admit I leave my Naim CD5i on most of the time. Sitting here listening to it now, so no need for it to warm up. Don't tell the Green lobby...
emotion-16.gif

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
Andy Clough:Sensible advice Cheby, but I have to admit I leave my Naim CD5i on most of the time. Don't tell the Green lobby...
emotion-16.gif

I'm afraid your secret is out and we will be round to take you to The Tower. Straight after Big Brother highlights on E4.

ÿ

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
JoelSim:
Andy Clough:Sensible advice Cheby, but I have to admit I leave my Naim CD5i on most of the time. Don't tell the Green lobby...
emotion-16.gif

I'm afraid your secret is out and we will be round to take you to The Tower. Straight after Big Brother highlights on E4.

Hangin's too good for me Guvnor.

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
Now now Andrew, you're giving away my trade secrets! But you're right, I'd better wrap it up nice and warm in a cosey duvet tonight just to be sure.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts