Naim is excellent for the coin.

D

Deleted member 108165

And you're on the wrong forum if you want to talk about Naim :) They have their own forum, don't want mix with plebs like us...

insider9

Greater amps are out there. But nobody does what Naim do as well as they do. Very energetic sound with a lot of pace. Some find it hard to relax to, some love it. I actually really like it. Try it Gasolin if you can.

Reactions: Dom
It's all very much about their presentation, some love it and others don't.
They aren't the best for the money in my opinion and do tend to be a bit pricey.
Maybe its a status thing like all those people who bought a Linn LP12 turntable only to realise it needed a few expensive upgrades to bring it on par with other decks of the day that were, ultimately, cheaper.....
Stands back and waits for flak from LP12 owners........ :)

Jimboo

They are very good sounding components a little? Overpriced. Had naim stuff for years but naim users are more interested in how much your gear costs and upgrades than the music I think. It is a painful world the naim universe you almost feel trapped. Needs a design update too.

D

Deleted member 2457

The Naim Mu-so got voted WHF forum readers product of the year and yet it sounds rubbish work that one out?

D

Deleted member 2457

One person’s rubbish is another person’s delight, simple as that.

Bill
What I was getting at was I doubt many of them heard it but they were just voting because of the brand.

D

Deleted member 116933

Own serval naim components, nap 200dr dac v1 nac202, and before that naim uniti. To be honest the sound was lovely the amp drove anything i threw at and stayed cool, design is a matter of taste but i like the classic case look. The sound if very organic and and flows really well, others do things better but then naim does things better than others.

Where i feel they fall down is the reliability of there digital stuff when is works sounds lovely but in the time i own the v1 i had 2 replacements and spent more time in the shop then i listened to it. Can fault the analogue stuff though.

I've moved over to sugden and chord now, very different sound.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts