Naim audio network streaming connectivity issues

Deanmlee

May 31, 2015
Visit site
Hi.

anyone having similar issues with NDX2 not finding Wi-Fi network. Many times I have talked with Naim tech support and we have tried everything from switching it on and off to deleting the app and reinstalling to hard reset of the NDX2. Sometimes it works for a while and sometimes not it is very random. They have suggested it is a bt issue with the home hub but bt have also been very helpful to no avail!

love to know if it’s just me or if this is a common issue. I am at the point where I think I need to sell all my Naim gear and start again!

thanks
Dean

Hi.

anyone having similar issues with NDX2 not finding Wi-Fi network. Many times I have talked with Naim tech support and we have tried everything from switching it on and off to deleting the app and reinstalling to hard reset of the NDX2. Sometimes it works for a while and sometimes not it is very random. They have suggested it is a bt issue with the home hub but bt have also been very helpful to no avail!

love to know if it’s just me or if this is a common issue. I am at the point where I think I need to sell all my Naim gear and start again!

thanks
Dean
If their tech support cannot resolve the issue you may very well have to do that. There is no reason in this day and age that a good streamer should have any issues with a network connection over wifi.
No chance of hard wiring it I guess? However, that defeats the reason for such a device.

Deanmlee

May 31, 2015
Visit site
You might find more feedback on Naim’s own forum, but how about trying it at a neighbours or friend’s property, or at a Naim dealer?
That’s what their tech engineer suggested is try it at a Naim dealer. To be honest all the advice has been very hit and miss, and doesn’t seem to follow any logic. Nice people but never really sorted it out. I hope my local dealer will be able to help me. For such an expensive piece of kit it has been plagued by strange software bugs with the product and the app and it’s never Naim audio fault this morning they claimed it was Apple software update that had broken the Wi-Fi, and later BT. Don’t know what to believe!

Tinman1952

it’s never Naim audio fault this morning they claimed it was Apple software update that had broken the Wi-Fi, and later BT.
Sadly that’s been my experience with Naim too…🙁 I had a Nait XS2 which kept freezing…no input buttons would work on chassis or remote. Needed constant power cycling to free up. They said it was my plasma TV which was causing the problem…..😖 Barmy really….they didn’t have a clue.
Their hardware might be nice but their software used to be awful. Guess things haven’t really changed….
Sounds to me like it could be a faulty network card or just software bugs.

Reactions: Deanmlee

Deanmlee

May 31, 2015
Visit site
You might get round a problematic WiFi card on the Naim by using a separate WiFi extender with an Ethernet port. Then plug a short network cable between that and your streamer. You can get a TP link extender on Amazon for £20…might be worth a try…..🙂
I was thinking that as an option but it used to work on Wi-Fi so think as a streamer it should work. I know the recommended method is wired for stability.
Hopefully Paul at Hifi Lounge Bedford will sort me out.

Reactions: nopiano

Deanmlee

May 31, 2015
Visit site
Sadly that’s been my experience with Naim too…🙁 I had a Nait XS2 which kept freezing…no input buttons would work on chassis or remote. Needed constant power cycling to free up. They said it was my plasma TV which was causing the problem…..😖 Barmy really….they didn’t have a clue.
Their hardware might be nice but their software used to be awful. Guess things haven’t really changed….
Sounds to me like it could be a faulty network card or just software bugs.
I have to agree, their tech support is always very nice, but never really fixed it! I am thinking the same a network card issue. It does sound good but if it doesn’t work half the time I think it is disappointing

D

Deleted member 116933

Hi.

thanks
Dean

Unfortunately, its something that i ended up doing, I didn't find naim digital products to be very stable at all. Albeit a different product, I had the Dac V1 and its DSP chip kept failing they always tried to sort it and even replaced the unit which had the same fault. It was in the shop for 6months in total in the year that i had it.

Amps i had no problem with though ended up getting a refund/replacement chord qutest and actually made money on nap 200dr which had a price hike in the time that bought it to well over 2k. I bought it for 1400 got 1800 back. So you may end up with money in the back as it were.

Reactions: Deanmlee

Deanmlee

May 31, 2015
Visit site
Hi.

thanks
Dean
Update…. Paul at Hifi lounge Bedfordshire rang me back and we have arranged to try it at his showroom (which is amazing by the way) on the same day as Naim will be visiting. He was really helpful as always so please support your local hifi retailers. As another update thought I would listen to a cd this evening and can’t even do that now, but suspect the software has just hung as boots up trying to do software reset mainly as a result of Naim tech support telling me to keep unplugging and replugging in and resetting stuff. Anyway watch this space. In the meantime will dust of the vinyl 😊

Reactions: Al ears

Deanmlee

May 31, 2015
Visit site
I am assuming this is via the digital input? Quite frankly for a product this expensive it is disgusting! I would give the Naim guys a piece of my mind….
Yes it is set to digital input 3 but now the software hard reset has been done that doesn’t work either. I will be doing next Thursday. It has put me off Naim audio equipment to be fair so might have a look at some alternatives while at the hifi lounge

Tinman1952

Yes it is set to digital input 3 but now the software hard reset has been done that doesn’t work either. I will be doing next Thursday. It has put me off Naim audio equipment to be fair so might have a look at some alternatives while at the hifi lounge
Understandable. If Naim cannot GUARANTEE to fix it I would look elsewhere. 👍

Deanmlee

May 31, 2015
Visit site
Update on this……. It’s now gone back to Naim for repair. We have confirmed the wifi isn’t working. I suspect the wifi card since it is greyed out in the menu, which is what I told Naim tech from day 1 so have waisted several weeks. It went back 11 days ago waiting to here from them.
Interestingly Naim tech are still asking to do network tests and advise to turn off the security setting on my iPhone, which I am not going to do to accommodate 1 device on my network, so it’s up to Naim to come up with a software update to resolve this issue in my opinion.
I wonder if my experience has been a one off or if this is a common occurrence?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts