Naim 5i powerful enough for KEF LS50?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Audiofoolius said:
It's nice to know that the Nait 5i is able to do power such speakers. Although being able to reach high volumes doesn't necessarily mean that an amp is powerful enough to get the most out of speakers. It's a postive indication, but no guarantee.

Spot on.

Audiofoolius

Aug 12, 2008
Visit site
This afternoon I was able to audition these speakers. First impression: they are very small and have a really beautiful buildquality. I heard them on a NAD 372BEE amp and NAD C565BEE source. I don't need a lot of words to describe how I felt: I was totally blown away!

During about 45 minutes I was able to listen to a mix of musical genres and I loved every second of it. The LS50 has an effortless, spacious, musical, fun and extremely detailed sound to my ears. Voices are nothing short of phenomenal, never heard anything quite like this. Saxophones and trumpets sound sensational too on these gems.

I got offered a 7% discount and couldn't reslst it. :grin: They will be delivered on Thursday. I am very confident they will sound great with my Naim amp and source too.

Thanks WHF for the glorious review that aroused my interest in the KEF's! I had never been impressed by this brand before and wouldn't have bothered to audition them. Thanks to all the posters in this thread too!

Of course I'll give my impressions this weekend! ;)

alchemist 1

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
Audiofoolius said:
This afternoon I was able to audition these speakers. First impression: they are very small and have a really beautiful buildquality. I heard them on a NAD 372BEE amp and NAD C565BEE source. I don't need a lot of words to describe how I felt: I was totally blown away!

During about 45 minutes I was able to listen to a mix of musical genres and I loved every second of it. The LS50 has an effortless, spacious, musical, fun and extremely detailed sound to my ears. Voices are nothing short of phenomenal, never heard anything quite like this. Saxophones and trumpets sound sensational too on these gems.

I got offered a 7% discount and couldn't reslst it. :grin: They will be delivered on Thursday. I am very confident they will sound great with my Naim amp and source too.

Thanks WHF for the glorious review that aroused my interest in the KEF's! I had never been impressed by this brand before and wouldn't have bothered to audition them. Thanks to all the posters in this thread too!

Of course I'll give my impressions this weekend! ;)
One more to see the light, or should that be hear the trumpets ........:)

They just get better the more hours you use them.

Audiofoolius

Aug 12, 2008
Visit site
Much to my suprise the speakers were already delivered this afternoon. Hurried home from work of course. :grin:

Have been listening for about two hours now and I am delighted by the sound. Mediocre recordings do get a rough time with the KEF's. But that's is inevitable as you move higher up the hifi-ladder I suppose.For me Naim is a better match with the LS50 than NAD. The presentation has more excitement and oomph imo. I do need to turn the volumeknob a bit more open compared to the B&W 685's. 11 o'clock now, while 9 o'clock used to be enough.

In a nutshell: I am very happy with these little babies. :dance:

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
Audiofoolius said:
The presentation has more excitement and oomph imo. I do need to turn the volumeknob a bit more open compared to the B&W 685's. 11 o'clock now, while 9 o'clock used to be enough.

I found that with the Kefs as well.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts