Naim 272 Streamer & 250DR Power Amp - bookshelf speakers

Stu 299

Jan 23, 2021
Visit site
The system will be located in an average sized double bedroom before being relocated to the lounge at some point in the future. Plan is to get floorstanders for the move but until then, and it could be a while, I'm weighing up whether to just stick with my old Monitor Audio Bronze BR2 or upgrade to a better bookshelf to get more out of the Naim. Budget for the bookshelfs would be around £600. Reading up suggests the Dynaudio Emit 20 would be a good match at this price level, but will it be a major step up from the BR2? Or are there better options? Thanks all

Last edited:

rainsoothe

They will be a major step, but they'll need a lot of room around them. I'd stick with the MA until the move and save up for better speakers for the lounge. But I'm grabbing my popcorn for another impulse purchase :))

D

Deleted member 116933

Just stick with what you have till you move, then weigh up how the room and options sound.

You need to know the space you'll be buying twice.

That combo needs more than what your thinking also, Save your money and get something better.

A brand i'd seriously consider looking at for naim would be Revel specifically the m106. i know there expensive but that combo deserves it. That would be an end game system and the revels will blow all budget (smaller) floorstanders out the water in regards to bass. If not the M106 look at the entry-level range conerta i think its called.

Neat
PMC (wont work in all rooms due to the transmission line)
KEF
ATC (not my bag at all but some like them)
russel K

these are all the brand you should be considering for naim

Reactions: Stu 299

rainsoothe

Just stick with what you have till you move, then weigh up how the room and options sound.

You need to know the space you'll be buying twice.

That combo needs more than what your thinking also, Save your money and get something better.

A brand i'd seriously consider looking at for naim would be Revel specifically the m106. i know there expensive but that combo deserves it. That would be an end game system and the revels will blow all budget (smaller) floorstanders out the water in regards to bass. If not the M106 look at the entry-level range conerta i think its called.

Neat
PMC (wont work in all rooms due to the transmission line)
KEF
ATC (not my bag at all but some like them)
russel K

these are all the brand you should be considering for naim

I'm a great fan of the Revel Performas, and they would be my go-to, but there's way more that would make great partners, that's why it's a toughie, imo. Harbeth, Martin Logan Motion, Spendor, Kudos, Dynaudio, Piega etc.

D

Deleted member 116933

I'm a great fan of the Revel Performas, and they would be my go-to, but there's way more that would make great partners, that's why it's a toughie, imo. Harbeth, Martin Logan Motion, Spendor, Kudos, Dynaudio, Piega etc.

Yep there is! but the ones I listed are the ones I’ve heard. Can’t comment on the rest. Either way what I was getting at is standard needs to be set a little higher with combo. As I said stick with what op has till he/she moves.

Reactions: rainsoothe

Stu 299

Jan 23, 2021
Visit site
The 250DR fell through so took the opportunity to step back and re-evaluate. Loving the 272 and Tidal but impatient to see what it can do with a better suited amp. So I've picked up a nice looking 2009 Naim NAP 150X (serviced 2019). Hoping this will prove a better match for my current speakers as well as being a lot easier on the wallet and will now try to just take the time to sit back and enjoy the system 'as is' before upgrading any more. The 250DR would have just left me unsatisfied thinking how the speakers were holding everything back and how I'd need to spend big money to get the best out of it.

It's a long way from the 30 year old system I pulled out of the garage just a week or so ago anyway!

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts