Naim 202/200 pre/power amp

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Some advice needed, Naim cd5x/flatcap 2x/highline interconnect/Spendor s5e/chord cable,have on home demo 202/200 amps find it very bright at times so bright I cant listen to them.Also demoed 202/150x and 122/150x these other combinations were o.k.also the bass has disserpeared with the 202/200.I can have the 202/200 at a very good discount.Is it that I am pushing the cd5x/flatcap to far ? sometimes it can be stunning but also sometimes to bright,any ideas? Chris C.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
IMHO, sounds like the 200 isn't run in yet. Naim equipment always takes ages to start sounding at its best - I'm playing with a SuperNAIT at home at the moment, and only after weeks is it really coming on song. And before you ask, no I'm doing it for a Gramophone review, and then it goes back the to WHFSV review crew.

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="Andrew Everard"]IMHO, sounds like the 200 isn't run in yet. Naim equipment always takes ages to start sounding at its best - I'm playing with a SuperNAIT at home at the moment, and only after weeks is it really coming on song. And before you ask, no I'm doing it for a Gramophone review, and then it goes back the to WHFSV review crew.
[/quote]

You have a superNAIT to play at home??? I will come round later, what's for tea?

A

Anonymous

The 202/200 is a demo unit but it is new, also yes I have a napsc on it.Supernait thats about the same price as I can have this combo for.They have one at my dealers but have not heared it as yet,used to have a 5i punched its heart out.Come on whats the supernait like give us a snippit! Chris C.

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
Which Gramophone issue are reviews gonna be in?? As a MF tart, I can't wait to hear the supercharge at the show. You have a great job Andrew, let me know if you need anyone help you to lift them as they are heavy, mind that back of yours.

TRENDING THREADS