NAD versus ROTEL

jaxwired

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
Those of you that have experience with both, how do they compare. The new rotel 15 series sure does look pretty:

StereoFullGoodE.jpg

The RC-1550 preamp with the RB-1552 amp would provide 120w/ch at a very competitive price. This pic shows the new slot loading CD player that goes with them.

Ajani

Apr 9, 2008
Visit site
I had a similiar setup to yours once:

NAD C352 Amp + NAD C521BEE CD and Mission V63 Towers

I later added the Rotel RC-1070 Pre and just used the NAD as a Power amp... and soon after added the RB-1080 (200 watts)...

The Rotel Combo was a substantial improvement over the NAD integrated...

I've never tried Rotel and Monitor Audio Though, so I'm not sure how well those brands go together...

A

Anonymous

My pair of BR2s and my Rotel RA-04 work well together, I'm planning on adding RB-03/06 power amp from ebay at some point.

The BR2 / RA04 pairing was recommended late in 2007/08 and I happened to like it in the shop.

Sounds enthusiastic and happy.

jaxwired

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
Ajani:

I later added the Rotel RC-1070 Pre and just used the NAD as a Power amp... and soon after added the RB-1080 (200 watts)...

I've never tried Rotel and Monitor Audio Though, so I'm not sure how well those brands go together...

How does the Rotel bass compare with the NAD?

Ajani

Apr 9, 2008
Visit site
jaxwired:Ajani:

How does the Rotel bass compare with the NAD?

Put it this way: Playing at my normal listening volumes, shortly after I got the Rotel I received my first ever complaint about noise from my neighbors (they were convinced I had bought a subwoofer)... I don't know whether the improvement was because of the brand change or just the additional power, but the Rotel was deeper, cleaner and just better all around with bass.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts