Nad or Marantz cd player or?

bluenose

Apr 28, 2008
Visit site
looking to buy a new cdp to replace my old pioneer pds 503. I've just ruled out the rega Apollo due to it being a toploader and anything above that is out of budget. so that leaves me looking at either the marantz 6003 or Nad 545. theres not much between them pricewise but what would most suit Cyrus 5 amp and MA RS6 speakers. current setup can be a bit harsh & tiring when cranked up.tastes are varied from rock to country.listening is difficult at the moment due to a cold but the wifes insisting I get it sorted so she can wrap it and bung it under the tree.

A

Anonymous

bluenose:looking to buy a new cdp to replace my old pioneer pds 503. I've just ruled out the rega Apollo due to it being a toploader and anything above that is out of budget. so that leaves me looking at either the marantz 6003 or Nad 545. theres not much between them pricewise but what would most suit Cyrus 5 amp and MA RS6 speakers. current setup can be a bit harsh & tiring when cranked up.tastes are varied from rock to country.listening is difficult at the moment due to a cold but the wifes insisting I get it sorted so she can wrap it and bung it under the tree.

Are you set on getting new kit?

If not i think an Arcam player may be a good match for your kit. You could look at a used CD192 if you can find one, or for a bit less a CD73t. I'm sure somebody will be along shortly to recommend some more. Hope any of this helps.

Thanks

Frank

A

Anonymous

Is that a Rotel RCD-965BX CD Player that you have in your signature?

TRENDING THREADS