NAD or ARCAM ?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have an old Technics system that I wish to change out because the CD player has given up, although the amp is ok.I have listened to NAD and ARCAM but not sure which one I should go for, or should I be looking for something else.

All I need is a cd, DAB tuner and amp. The existing JAMO speakers should be ok. Any advise on this will be appreciated.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
[quote user="pfo"]

I have an old Technics system that I wish to change out because the CD player has given up, although the amp is ok.I have listened to NAD and ARCAM but not sure which one I should go for, or should I be looking for something else.

All I need is a cd, DAB tuner and amp. The existing JAMO speakers should be ok. Any advise on this will be appreciated.
[/quote]

I dont understand your question. Arcam's entry level amp and cd player are priced around the £400 mark, depending on where you buy it. Nad's start at £150 or so. What exactly did you compare? Did you like what you've heard?

A

Anonymous

To expand on my original question:

If both systems sounded good to my ears, and the price was the same, what would be the better quality in terms of reliability and future upgrading ?

nads

[quote user="pfo"]

If both systems sounded good to my ears, and the price was the same, what would be the better quality in terms of reliability and future upgrading ?
[/quote] Both, neither, non! Product numbers? More info needed.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="nads"]

If both systems sounded good to my ears, and the price was the same, what
would be the better quality in terms of reliability and future upgrading ?
[/quote]

Nad cd players are very good, as are arcam.Do you not have a preference in terms of sound? the arcam cd players are upgradeable,but it costs a bundle to do so.I have heard of no reliability issues with either.I would decide on sound if i were you.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts