NAD M32 or NAD C390dd

newlash09

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
Has anyone heard these two. The reviews in American publications are very positive. So are user reviews on computer audiophile forum. Wanted to know ,if anyone here has heard them. Though couldn't find any reviews of the NAD M32 so far.

The M32 seems to be very new, and was only announced in the summer. If I've read it correctly it's a power amplifier. By contrast, the other model is an integrated amp with digital input, and several years old. It won awards in 2012, for example.

Not sure, therefore, that they are comparable. A bit like comparing a pizza with an onion! (Food analogies aren't my strong suit)

Can you tell us what you are proposing to do with them - e.g. System so far?

wilro15

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Neither. The C390DD is a truly awful amplifier, I owned one. It is SO boring to listen to.

I have owned some other digital amplifiers in the past too (e.g. NuForce) and they all have a very similar sound signature. Dragging up some hifi cliches here, but its very flat, boring and uninteresting. No excitement to the music.

Get a Nord One NC500DM power amp, plus a pre-amp or DAC with volume control of your choice.

newlash09

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
Nopiano and willro. I can't audition many amps where I live. So iam completely dependent on reviews for my purchases. I have a pair of qa concept 40 , and iam looking for an amp to drive them. I usually make my purchases in UK, during my very short visits on my boat, as things here are one third the price in India.

First started thinking of the PM6005, but slowly over the years decided to spend the most I could on a one time purchase of the best amp I could afford.

Iam looking for a punchy amp, that can add energy to my laid back speakers. And I want it too be powerful enough to future proof my next speaker purchases. So with a budget of roughly 4000 usd, iam looking at amps with atleast 150W. Already have a bluesound power node which to my stuffed ears sounds good. Very clear , and good controlled bass. So was thinking of the NAD C390dd as a all in one solution. I had also considered the well regarded Kandy K3, enough power for me. But then I would have to add a DAC as well. The more components I have in the music chain, the more desire to keep swapping. So was considering the NAD as a one box solution. But never heard it. So was trying to gather opinions here before parting with my cash.

Iam also considering the TAGA Harmony HTA 2000B, hybrid tube amplifier. But don't know how each of these amps sound as one is digital class D, other solid state and the last one is hybrid tube amp.

So to round things up, which of the above 3 Amps will give me a clear , energetic sound with well controlled bass with my concept 40 speakers.

Forgot to mention that I also briefly considered the PM8005, till someone mentioned that it doesn't suit my speakers.Thanks for your inputs

Jimmy the Saint

Nov 12, 2016
Visit site
I own a NAD 390 and I have to say I think its perfectly neutral, the reviews you have read are correct it is silent adds nothing and takes nothing away. Why should an amplifier do anything else ? The 390 is not boring it is invisible.

Oh and obsolete, I think the 388 replaced it

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts