NAD D 3020

meho1a

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
hello,

I am interested in this little amp NAD D 3020. I can see it gets a lot of nice reviews all over the place. At the moment i have pair of Klipsch reference rf-81 ii speakers. I would like to know if anyone have any experience with pairing NAD D 3020 with Klipsch reference rf-81 ii speakers. I could read that "older" NAD amps produce more warm sound which should be OK for klipsch speakers. For example they do not recommand more brighter Yamaha amps.

At the moment I use tube amplifier with my speakers: Fatman itube. I can say it is very nice combination. I listen most of the music on CDs with Yamaha CDS1000 and it sounds very nice - especially female vocals.

I very much like Jazz. However, I like blues and classical rock as well.

I like the versatality of NAD D3020 - all the digital inputs and the bluetooth. Therefore i would like to know your thougths on this kind of setting.

kind regards

MaxD

Jun 15, 2014
Visit site
meho1a said:
hello,

I could read that "older" NAD amps produce more warm sound which should be OK for klipsch speakers. For example they do not recommand more brighter Yamaha amps.

I very much like Jazz. However, I like blues and classical rock as well.

I like the versatality of NAD D3020 - all the digital inputs and the bluetooth. Therefore i would like to know your thougths on this kind of setting.

I can just talk about generic questions. I didn't have the Klipsch, then I do have MA BX2 and recent addition Dali Zensor 3. Both this speakers are paired great with NAD D 3020. Then, be warned, I had an HORRIBLE experience you can find on this forum about NAD D 3020 paired with Q Acoustics 2020i. So I can't say about your Klipsch.

Related with the the warm sound of the "old" NAD amp, it is true, then this new NAD is NOT a old NAD amplifier. It is class D and it sound great, then sometimes I do prefer the sound of my other new amp, the Rotel RA-12 in class a/b.

NAD D 3020 is overall killing for the features and it sound respectable well for such a kind of gear and it is also true that it is a lot more genorous compared to his power specification becouse it is rated for a 30+30 Watt then mine goes in real use for a plain 42+42.

I can also confirm DAC quality is pretty ok, even if not superior, then pretty much listenable (I do prefer my external Dragonfly 1.2 DAC). I tested all the inputs and they all are ok. Also the two line input really sound strong, I could say they offer the best from this amp.

I will advise you try to this amp with your speakers before buy, becouse of my terrible experience with Q Acoustics.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts