NAD C658 HDMI Module

johnnyr1970

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
Anyone have any experience with the C658 and the optional HDMI module?

Background:

Recently renovated our old conservatory and turned it into the main living area of the house rather than it just being a ‘cinema’ room. Moved the C658/C268/Dali Menuet/REL T-Zero setup into ‘conservatory’ as main music source, sold my ageing 5.1 system and bought a Sony HT-ST5000 to use as the TV/Movie source.

The ceilings in the room are quite high/angled (maybe 4 metres at the highest and 2 metres at the lowest) and I was wondering if I’m getting any actual real benefit from the sound bar or whether I’d be better of selling it, buying another C268 power amp so that I could go to bridged mono and then adding the HDMI module into the C658.

I can only imagine the sound would have to be better coming from the NAD setup rather than from the Sony sound bar given the disparity in overall cost but just wonder if I’d be ‘missing’ something by not having the movie oriented sound offered by the sound bar? Hard to find anyone who has experience of using the C658 in this manner!

I know I’d certainly end up with a cleaner setup running everything through one system rather than two so that is appealing!

James105

Oct 30, 2019
Visit site
Anyone have any experience with the C658 and the optional HDMI module?

Background:

Recently renovated our old conservatory and turned it into the main living area of the house rather than it just being a ‘cinema’ room. Moved the C658/C268/Dali Menuet/REL T-Zero setup into ‘conservatory’ as main music source, sold my ageing 5.1 system and bought a Sony HT-ST5000 to use as the TV/Movie source.

The ceilings in the room are quite high/angled (maybe 4 metres at the highest and 2 metres at the lowest) and I was wondering if I’m getting any actual real benefit from the sound bar or whether I’d be better of selling it, buying another C268 power amp so that I could go to bridged mono and then adding the HDMI module into the C658.

I can only imagine the sound would have to be better coming from the NAD setup rather than from the Sony sound bar given the disparity in overall cost but just wonder if I’d be ‘missing’ something by not having the movie oriented sound offered by the sound bar? Hard to find anyone who has experience of using the C658 in this manner!

I know I’d certainly end up with a cleaner setup running everything through one system rather than two so that is appealing!

The Dali Menuet are a 4ohm speaker I don't think NAD recommend using their power amps bridged into 4 ohm loads.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts