nad c370 amp and monitor audio gr20

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi, was going for monitor audio silver 8i speakers for £260 but some some gr20's have come along for £450. can my nad c370 handle the gr20's.I've been told by shop bloke the nad c370 would be absolute fine with the silver 8i speakers.

cheers

pedro

A

Anonymous

I dont know about how well the NAD would match tonally but as far as controlling the speakers are concerned Im sure it would have no problem. My NAD has a good grip on my ATCs.

Hopefully Rick from Musicraft will see this thread. Hes well aquainted with the C370 and Monitor Audio speakers I think,

A

Anonymous

thanks for your advise,it does relax me a little, just the sub to sort now. is it ok to sit speaker stands(the spikes on feet) on bricks to gain height. thanks again and i shall watch out for Rick.

A

Anonymous

thanks for letting me know, i wanted to have the choice as both are possbile and one is definite.cheers.pedro

A

Anonymous

Thanks very much again, Im glad you told me that coz many many people have told/advsd me my c370 is too weak with top end speakers and that i would need a pre/power amp as well to make decent speakers sing. the gr20 is my first choice as long as it doesnt go crazy over budget and if it does i will go for the 8i which is no slouch and would allow me to afford a sub as well. cheers and good health and good wealth.pedro.

the only time in my life that i ever ever wish I was rich is when it comes to buying hifi stuff.

i believe a beautiful sound can feed the soul beautifully

Hi Pedro

Your welcome.

The C370 is not weak and can hold its own with the GR20's. Yes, the C370 can be improved upon and even more got out from the GR20's but this is something which you can look at further down the road. As an example you could bi-amp the GR20's by adding the matching C270 power amp.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

A

Anonymous

thanks again, it seems the gr20 will end up going for about £800 so I bought the silver 8i for £350 ebay just now which just leaves the sub to get.

dont know if you saw my potentially stupid question about bricks and speaker stands-putting dense bricks under the spiked feet of my stands to get more height or putting the bricks on the stands (blutack) and then speakers on the bricks to get more height. reading this back makes it sound even more stupid. cheers again.

if you ever need advise on holidays/travelling or crystals or mtb's i can return the favour. cheers again.pedro

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts