Nad C352 amp

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I bought myself a nad c352 amp for £270 from Superfi and it arrived this morning. It is marvellous.It has transformed my system and is night and day compared to the cambridge 640A and Arcam P75 power amp i was using.Weight and slam, more detail and a slight edge taken off the treble which has helped with my MA speakers.Cypher if you read this,yes,buying a C352 may well make you want to keep your RS1's.They work very well together and thats the amp just out the box! superb.

A

Anonymous

is there any difference in sound between the NAD 352CT and NAD C325BEE?

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
How much better is it really sounding Fraizel as i'm considering going for the NAD C352 amp and C542 CD player off Superfi at the end of this month as well!

My Arcam Alpha 9 amp still sounds superb but i will be looking at putting that and the Alpha 9 CD player into my kitchen with some AE 100/B&W 601 S3 speakers mounted to the rear wall (loads of room to put the amp/CD player combo on a mini-stand in the corner shelf unit).

Whats the bass like on the NAD compared to your C/A integrated and Arcam power amp set-up? I've got the M/A RS6 speakers so will be wanting the same as with the Arcam, laid back treble as the M/A speakers are a little forward sometimes.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="d_a_n1979"]How much better is it really sounding Fraizel as i'm considering going for the NAD C352 amp and C542 CD player off Superfi at the end of this month as well!

My Arcam Alpha 9 amp still sounds superb but i will be looking at putting that and the Alpha 9 CD player into my kitchen with some AE 100/B&W 601 S3 speakers mounted to the rear wall (loads of room to put the amp/CD player combo on a mini-stand in the corner shelf unit).
Whats the bass like on the NAD compared to your C/A integrated and Arcam power amp set-up? I've got the M/A RS6 speakers so will be wanting the same as with the Arcam, laid back treble as the M/A speakers are a little forward sometimes.
[/quote]

the 352 is far better than the cambridge ( i had a version 1 cambridge ).It has more weight, sounds punchier, more detail ( i can hear things in cd's i know well that i have never really noticed before ).The treble is sweeter than the cambridge.The cambridge is a little bright and light in the bass to be paired with Rs1's i think as it has now become apparent that the Rs1's need a heavyweight dynamic amp to get the bass to sound as it should ( a characteristic that was driving me and cypher nuts). The main difference though is that the amp makes everything sound that bit more dynamic, as if the amp has bags of power and finds driving the Rs1's to be a doddle.Very impressive.It does have a slightly warm tone, but not too much. I was going to get the C355BEE, and am now glad that i did not as the 352 cost £130 less than the 355.The c355 may well be a little better but who cares at that price for a 352! I was thinking about selling my RS1's even though they are new but i am now having second thoughts, and am likely to keep them as they sounded so good yesterday.I think maybe they are just difficult to partner.

A

Anonymous

I have the new C355BEE it is a very good amplifier and it goes ridiculously loud. The main think I noticed was a very thick texture yet with very high levels of detail, over my Dad's 9-something Rotel.

EDIT I don't know if thick is quite the right word, I mean weighty and defined over the whole spectrum without brightness. I am obviously not very good with hi-fi jargon!

A

Anonymous

Hi Fraziel, i'm looking to buy a new amp at the end of April to match my CA 640 C V2 would you suggest the Nad C352 over the CA 640 A V2 or Marantz PM 6002 amps

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Gtncj"]
Hi Fraziel, i'm looking to buy a new amp at the end of April to match my CA 640 C V2 would you suggest the Nad C352 over the CA 640 A V2 or Marantz PM 6002 amps
[/quote]

I have not heard the marantz, although i have heard a few marantz amps and used to own one, and i have only heard the version 1 cambridge amp.In saying that, i think the version 2 will probably sound very similar.From what i have heard so far i think the nad is a step up from the cambridge.It is better in every respect and has really improved my sound.I also think it sounds more expensive than it is. I hear that expression being banded about often but in this case i think it is genuinely deserved.It does not sound like a £380 amp. What speakers do you have?

A

Anonymous

[quote user="ericsson"]
is there any difference in sound between the NAD 352CT and NAD C325BEE?

[/quote]

i don't know.I would be very surpised if the 352 was not a superior amp as it retailed at £380.Even online it was about £80 more than the 325.thats what swung it for me as i thought about getting the 325.The 352 at £279 is just too much of a bargain.

A

Anonymous

I have a pair of Gale 3040, i personally think they sound good but may upgrade to MA BR2s at a later date

A

Anonymous

Not familiar with that gale model. I have heard the mon audio BR2's though and thought they were good but wasnt blown away by them.Thats just me though, i know other people who love them.The marantz is a newer amp than the nad and is meant to be excellent ( one of the guys in a hi fi shop in glasgow said to me at weekend that the marantz is awesome)but having heard nad and marantz, i prefer the nad sound as it sounds so powerful and effortless. Best thing to do is try and get a demo.Apparently cambridge audio are bringing out a mark 3 range, just to complicate things.

A

Anonymous

A CA version 3 is meant to be coming out but no release date has been set so it could be at the end of the year, and i would like to buy an amp next month. I have read the reviews of the marantz in the march edition of WHSV and it said the bass could be better (in my own words)and the low notes are important to me. I had a PM 4001 and found the bass lacking to my likings. My problem is that i want a brand new amp on a £300 budget that delivers bass mids and tops and will last a good few years with a remote. I have searched threads on this site and its between the marantz pm 6002 or nad c352. Its hard for me to get a demo because my local shop say they only mainly demo high end stuff. So i'm trusting other peoples opinions. If any one reads this and owns a pm 6002 what is your opinion on its bass because thats the only thing that preventing me buying it as i liked the way the pm 4001 sounded apart from the lack of bass in my opinion, If the bass on the pm 6002 is solid then i will get one if not its going to be a nad c352.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Gtncj"]
A CA version 3 is meant to be coming out but no release date has been set so it could be at the end of the year, and i would like to buy an amp next month. I have read the reviews of the marantz in the march edition of WHSV and it said the bass could be better (in my own words)and the low notes are important to me. I had a PM 4001 and found the bass lacking to my likings. My problem is that i want a brand new amp on a £300 budget that delivers bass mids and tops and will last a good few years with a remote. I have searched threads on this site and its between the marantz pm 6002 or nad c352. Its hard for me to get a demo because my local shop say they only mainly demo high end stuff. So i'm trusting other peoples opinions. If any one reads this and owns a pm 6002 what is your opinion on its bass because thats the only thing that preventing me buying it as i liked the way the pm 4001 sounded apart from the lack of bass in my opinion, If the bass on the pm 6002 is solid then i will get one if not its going to be a nad c352.
[/quote]

ok, well the bass on the nad is certainly good. it is deep, detailed and has a touch of warmth that even helps to make some of my badly produced cd's sound listenable.If in doubt regarding the bass, go for the nad.I would be surprised if it disappointed in that respect.

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Fraizel - Hows the NAD sounding being partnered with your Arcam CD player?

My main concern is that my Arcam Alpha 9 CD player wont sound as good with the NAD amp as it does with my Arcam Alpha 9 integrated amp currently.

The Practical Hifi in Preston sell NAD so i may bob along and see if i can ask for a home demo of the NAD with my M/A RS6 speakers.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="d_a_n1979"]Fraizel - Hows the NAD sounding being partnered with your Arcam CD player?

My main concern is that my Arcam Alpha 9 CD player wont sound as good with the NAD amp as it does with my Arcam Alpha 9 integrated amp currently.
The Practical Hifi in Preston sell NAD so i may bob along and see if i can ask for a home demo of the NAD with my M/A RS6 speakers.
[/quote]

Not sure if it will sound as good.How much was the arcam? I have heard the alpha 7 and 8 amps and 7 and 9 cd players.I know the 9 cd player is a belter so if the amp is on a par with that i would reckon it will be better than the nad.You have to hear it though as having not heard your arcam so i really cant comment.

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Cheers for the reply

The Arcam Alpha 9 integrated amp, to me, is superb. Thats why ive not upgraded/changed for such a long time and with the Arcam Alpha 9 CD player, well, the sound through the RS6's is amazing.

I've always thought since i first auditioned the M/A speakers with the Arcam amp that they suit each other very well as the Arcam is warm and smooth but with plenty of gusto and this really suites the RS speakers as theyre ever so slightly a bit forward re the treble and midrange.

See im toying with the idea of moving the Arcam's into the kitchen with some AE or B&W speakers and gettng a new amp and CD player to match with the RS6's but i know that the NAD CD players will never compare to the Arcam Alpha 9! Thats my worry.

I deffo need to audition them so will see what Practical Hifi can do for me, i'f not i'll have to go along to Superfi in Manchester.

mattc76

Jan 2, 2008
Visit site
Fraziel - I'm just wondering how you're getting on with your NAD C352 amp and MA RS1's? I have the NAD amp and it seems to be overpowering my MS 902i's in the bass department so they sound boomy and uncontrolled. The RS1's are on my list of potential upgrades!

Cheers!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts