NAD C338 Spotify

LasseMajja

Mar 26, 2021
Visit site
Hello!

I just got a new amp, the NAD C338. I'm very satisfied with the amp overall but I have found some minor problems which I don't understand really. I have the amp hooked up to the wifi and as part of my google home setup which works fine.

The problem though is that it seems like you can connect to the amp even if you are not connected to the WiFi, is this expected? As it is now I don't put the amp in standby but rather turn it all off since I don't like the idea of someone starting to blast som crazy **** in the middle of the night.

One other thing (also related to WiFi) is that when I have my headphones hooked up to my phone and play something on Spotify, my amp turns on when in standby, even though I have not chosen the amp as audio output. Have anyone else had similar issues with this amp?

Tinman1952

That is strange... I wonder if it is the built in Chromecast which is bringing the device out of standby? That would go straight from your phone app to the NAD... as would bluetooth. Any way of turning off Chromecast to check?

LasseMajja

Mar 26, 2021
Visit site
That is strange... I wonder if it is the built in Chromecast which is bringing the device out of standby? That would go straight from your phone app to the NAD... as would bluetooth. Any way of turning off Chromecast to check?

I cant find any way of turning the Chromecast off really. I have tried to change source before putting the amp in standby, but the amp still turns on. When looking in to it, it seems that with spotify it doesnt use the Chromecast but Spotify connect, so it might be that the problem resides there. I cant recall I have stumbled upoon this kind of thing before, it feel strange indeed.

Tinman1952

I cant find any way of turning the Chromecast off really. I have tried to change source before putting the amp in standby, but the amp still turns on. When looking in to it, it seems that with spotify it doesnt use the Chromecast but Spotify connect, so it might be that the problem resides there. I cant recall I have stumbled upoon this kind of thing before, it feel strange indeed.
Yes the Spotify connect would connect directly to Spotify's servers but I would have thought it would not turn on until you selected the NAD in the Spotify app. Perhaps the Spotify app is searching for compatible devices and that is what is 'waking up' the NAD... ? Annoying. I guess the only workaround is to power off the NAD when not using it.

LasseMajja

Mar 26, 2021
Visit site
Yes the Spotify connect would connect directly to Spotify's servers but I would have thought it would not turn on until you selected the NAD in the Spotify app. Perhaps the Spotify app is searching for compatible devices and that is what is 'waking up' the NAD... ? Annoying. I guess the only workaround is to power off the NAD when not using it.

Yes, that sounds like the most obvious culprit. I have no real issues with turning of the amp after every use to be honest, just like the idea to just press play. But if it is this wonky then I will have to go through all the effort there is to power up the amp. Hehe

Reactions: Tinman1952

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts